If you have heard of Facebook avatars before and you have been expecting it, the Facebook avatar has just been launched in a number of African countries which includes South Africa. Facebook avatar was first launched in the US, then India later on and now it has been launched in a number of African countries.
The avatar feature allows users to create cartoon-like versions of themselves to be used in comments and conversations throughout the Facebook platform and some other social media like twitter. The stickers are more like reactions that you can use across Facebook and messenger.
Recommended for You >>> Facebook Avatar Creator App: Now Available in India | #facebookavatar(Opens in a new browser tab)
Facebook Avatar South Africa
The new feature that was just launched in South Africa can be found in the menu section of the Facebook application. On the menu section of the latest Facebook application, you would find the “Avatar” tab.
The concept of avatars was first introduced in Snapchat as bitmoji. According to Nunu Ntshingila, the regional director of Facebook for Africa, “Facebook is home to some of your most personal content and we want to allow people to share and react to that content in the most personalized way possible”.
Set Up Facebook Avatar for South Africa
Now that we know what Facebook avatars are and that they are now available in South Africa, how do we set up our own Facebook avatar? Well, follow the steps indexed below to do so;
- Open the mobile application store on your device and download the latest version of the Facebook application.
- After updating your Facebook application, launch the application, and log in with your account details.
- Now, click on the menu icon at the bottom or top right corner of your Facebook application. The menu is usually represented with three horizontal lines.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click on “See More” on the menu.
- From the new menu that would be displayed, click on the “Avatar”.
- Tab “Next” at the bottom of the page to get to the creator page.
On the Facebook avatar creator page, customize your avatar with the options provided and that’s how to create a Facebook avatar in south Africa.
Also Read >>> Facebook Avatar 2020 – Facebook Avatar Maker Free | Create Facebook Avatar(Opens in a new browser tab)
Facebook Avatar App
If you read to this point in the article, then you probably know the Facebook avatar app. If you don’t, you should know that the Facebook avatar app is the latest version of the Facebook application. All that’s needed for you to start creating a Facebook avatar, is a Facebook account and the Facebook application.