Do you know what Facebook security is all about? There are certain ways in which you can make sure that your Facebook account is secure. Did you know that you can secure your Facebook account an extra step by setting up two-factor authentication? The whole essence of Facebook security is to secure your account from hackers and make sure your private information doesn’t go out to others. There are many steps to take to ensure this and I cannot list all of them out for you.
Also Recommended for You >>> Facebook Account Setting – How To Use The Facebook Account Setting
The best thing I would do for you is to show you how to access the Facebook security page to make any changes you want to make. The Facebook security page can be found on the settings page. On this page, you can change your account password, authorize log in, set up two-factor authentication, add app passwords and even add friends to contact if you are locked out of your account. You could also recover the external account on this page. The external accounts are accounts you opened using Facebook.
Open a Facebook Account
Opening a Facebook account is the first step to take before you can secure your Facebook account. I have detailed steps here on how to open a Facebook account.
- Open your favorite web browser on your current device.
- When the browser finally opens, proceed to www.facebook.com.
- If you are logged in to a Facebook account, kindly log out and continue. Locate the “Sign up” button and click on it. You might have to scroll down to find the button.
- You would be directed to another page. On that page, enter all the details required including your mobile number or email address.
- After entering the details, hit the sign up link at the bottom of the page again.
Simply walk through the rest Facebook steps to complete your Facebook account set up. Note that this would require you to add some friends.
Access the Facebook Security Page
It is very easy to access the Facebook security page if you are already logged in to Facebook. If you use a PC, kindly follow the steps below;
- Open the Facebook website on your desired browser.
- Hit the arrow facing upwards on the top navigation bar.
- From the new menu, select settings.
- On the settings page, click security and log in.
You would now be redirected to the Facebook login page in a few seconds.
Facebook Security Tips
Here are some tips you can follow to make sure that your Facebook account is secure at all times.
- Protect your password by not using it on any other account online.
- Never share your Facebook password with anyone.
- Use extra security features like two-factor authentication.
- Make sure you add both your Gmail address and your mobile number to your Facebook account.
- Always think before you grant permission to other online programs to access your Facebook account.
With these few tips, I believe that I have made your Facebook account secure.