Google Duo Smart Display might have not taken off in quite the same way as Apple Face Time, but it can become a more important tool to the smart displays, such as the Google Home Hub. These devices, Google Duo is now an option for making calls; giving away calls another duo user for free anywhere in the world.
You Should Also Read >>> Knock Knock Feature on Google Duo – Enable Knock Knock feature in Google Duo
Google Duo Smart Display
Google Duo Smart Display has now broadcast its face and voice in a much larger way. It is great for spending time with friends and family members. Google Duo is an app, which works on smartphones, but can also be tapped on the devices. If your smart device has a screen only can make a video call and you see the other person; if your device has a webcam, then you will be able to see you when you make a video call.
Enable the Feature on Google Home App
Google Duo is working on a Google Assistant device that isn’t quite as straightforward as it should be. The first time you have to try, you’ll be told that you need to enable the feature in the Google Home app. below are the instructions you need to follow:
You would Also Love >>> Google Duo Video Chat App Download – Google Duo Video Chat App Download
- Open the Google Home app and then tap the settings button.
- Then you will scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose more Settings.
- Click on the Assistant tab and then select the display from the list.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see an option that is meant for Duo Video call.
- Click on start the setup process.
- Enter your phone number.
- Then a code will be sent to your phone as a text message.
- Then enter it into the app.
- Finalize the linking by going back to the setting screen for your smart display.
- Then click on the Duo video call option again.
- Then you will be asked question that says, “If you want to use Duo”.
- Click on the Use Duo.
- Then you can make a call for the smart display.
- Then you will be asked question that says, “If you want to make a phone call, audio or video call”.
NOTE: Don’t choose a video call, because this might become the default option. You can override the settings and say, “OK Google makes a duo Voice call also”.
How to Make Video Calls on Your Google Duo Smart Display
You can be able to make and receive calls on your Smart Display if you both have the Duo Video calling. Below are the steps of how to make a video calls on the Smart Display:
- Open the Google Home App.
- Then at the bottom tap on the home.
- Click on the Smart Display > Setting > Duo Calling.
- Then follow the steps afterward.
Here are the steps of home to make a video call on your Google Duo Smart Display.
Also Check Out >>> Google Duo for Windows Phone – How to Download Google Duo For Windows Phone
How to Start a Call
- Say “Call (Contact)” or “Video Call”(contact).
- If you see that you have a missed call on the screen, tap it.
How to End a call
- Say “End the call” or “Hang Up”.
- Tap End Call.
How to Mute or Unmute a Call
- Say “Mute call” or “Unmute call”.
- Tap Mute.
How to Turn off Video
- Say “Turn off the Camera”.
- Tap Video.
- On top of your screen, use the switch.
How to Answer or Decline a Call
- Say “Answer the call” or “tap answer”.
- Say “Decline the call” or “tap Decline”.
How to Call Your Smart Display
You can call your Smart display from your device.
- Make sure that, there is Google Assistant on your phone.
- Then check that you have Duo Set up on your phone and the Google Account is connected to your duo phone number as well.
- After that, verify that you are using the same Google Account with the duo on your phone and the Smart Display.
- Then start a conversation with the Google Assistant and say “Video calls (Smart Display Name)” or “Video call home”.