Do make use of the iPhones and you don’t know how to do a video multitasking in iOS 14? Here is the good news, that you are right on track. Read on to get more information about it? What is the video multitasking about and more? I will be giving you steps on how to do that with ease.
One of the features about the iPhone in iOS 14 is the addition of a picture In Picture video. This feature is what gives you the privilege to play video from one app while you are busy around with other devices. However, the video will be playing in a small thumbnail window. Also, you are allowed for two apps at a time multitasking for the first time on the iPhone. Here’s how to use it. Let’s get to know more.
Recommended for You >>> New iOS 14 Features Everyone is Talking About in 2020
How to Do Video in Video Multitasking in IOS 14
How to Do Video in Video Multitasking in IOS 14 can seem impossible. When you want to do something on your device and keep streaming or watching video on the same device, the PIP mode is what you need. Since the release of the iOS 14 features of iPhones, it has made it easy to do that.
For instance, have you ever watched a video on YouTube or any other social media? But you have to pause to check something on another app like for something. You may be familiar with how the picture in picture which is also known as the PiP. The PiP allows you to watch the video in an overplayed corner of your screen while you browse as well. The iOS 14 is been made easier.
Picture in Picture for iPhone
The PiP playback has existed on the iPad since 2015, but it took Apple several far more decades to bring it to iPhones. The device compatibility for the picture-in-picture feature is expansive, supporting all i0S 14 devices.
- To do the Picture in Picture, go to the video app like the Apple TV. Or that of Twitch app a live streaming platform.
- Then play a video.
- Swipe up to go to the home screen or you can press the home button on non-face ID iPhones.
- The video will start playing in a separate floating window on top of your home screen.
- You can now navigate around and the picture in picture video will keep playing.
NOTE: While the video is playing in the picture-in-picture. Then you can move it to the corner of the screen by dragging it. You can as well swipe it by the side of the display to hide it temporarily.
If you want to expand the video back to the full screen, tap the PIP mode button. That is located at the upper right of the PIP video box. If you want to close the PIP video entirely tap the close button in the upper left of the PIP video box.
How to Use PIP in a FaceTime call
The video in video multitasking is what you need to use PIP in a FaceTime call. For you to make use of the PIP to FaceTime call. You have to go into the PIP mode is a little bit different than that of another video. There is no specific PIP mode button.
What you have to do instead of leaving the FaceTime app. You just have to swipe up to return to the home screen. You can swipe right along the bottom edge to jump to the previous app.
Are You Excited About the All New Apple Series 6? >>> Apple Watch Series 6: A Major Breakthrough in the Fitness Niche
How to Watch YouTube in PIP
Watiching Youtube in PIP mode is very easy. Follow the steps below to do so;
- YouTube releases a version of its app that is compatible with picture-in-picture. You will have to make use of safari.
- All you have to do is go to the YouTube website in safari and start playing a video.
- After, tap the little box in the corner of the video to enter full-screen mode. Then you will find the PIP button in the upper left or you can simply swipe up to return your home screen.
Here are the steps of watching YouTube in PIP.