A cover photo is an image on a Facebook profile. Unlike a profile picture, cover photos are large banner graphic that introduces visitors to the individual brand. Facebook cover photos appear exclusively on your individual Facebook timeline.
Recommended Post >>> How to Schedule Facebook Posts – Schedule your Facebook Posts
Your followers on Facebook will have to visit your profile before they can see your cover photo. If you’re using Facebook to generate leads, create a customer community, or close your next sale. Knowing how to make and optimize your cover photo is very important.
Size photo for Facebook Cover
When people arrive at your profile, where do you think they first look? It’s your cover photo, a visual piece of content that sits at the top of your page. It has 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall and it takes up to almost a quarter of the screen.
If your Facebook cover photo is smaller than 820 pixels wide and 312 pixels tall or 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall for mobile, Facebook will stretch it to fit making it look blurry.
What makes a Good Cover Photo?
You might be wondering, what makes a good cover photo. The steps on what makes a good cover photo are listed below:
- Use a simple image with a clear focal point.
- Pair your Facebook cover photo with your profile picture.
- Optimize your cover photo for mobile.
- Balance your Facebook cover photo with right-aligned elements.
- Update your cover photo regularly.
- Link out from your Facebook cover photo.
By following these steps you will be able to know what makes a good cover photo.
How to Resize a Cover Photo for Facebook
In other for you to resize a cover photo for Facebook, you will have to follow these steps below:
- Go to the options under imaging sizing. And choose to Resize to fit.
- Click on the drop-down box and choose the Long Edge.
- Type in 2048 and make sure pixels are selected.
- Ave your settings as a user present for exporting images by clicking the Add button in the bottom left corner.
With these steps, you will be able to resize your cover photo.
How to Add a Cover Photo to a Facebook Profile
The in which you can be able to add a cover photo to your Facebook profile are listed below:
- Go to your internet browser, search for www.facebook.com.
- Login to your Facebook account and navigate to your profile page.
- Open your cover photo and select Update Cover Photo in the top left corner of the profile picture.
- A menu will pop up that will allow you to choose between a number of options for updating your cover photo.
- Click Select to choose a profile picture that has been uploaded on Facebook or choose Upload Photo to upload a photo from your computer. You can select an art work or a college if you want to.
- Select the photo that you would want to be your cover photo.
- The image will appear as your cover photo, you can edit the image if you want to