Do you know that the University of Lagos (Unilag) African Cluster centre (acc) postdoctoral fellowship in African and diaspora studies welcomes the submission of applications for a maximum of a month’s postdoctoral fellowship in African and Diaspora studies?
The fellowship programme, funded by the African Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth under the auspices of the Germany Excellence Strategy, is designed to support early-career scholars.
And also junior faculty whose research interests are centred on or related to African Studies. And with the overarching agenda of Reconfiguring African Studies.
University Of Lagos (UNILAG) African Cluster Centre (ACC) Postdoctoral Fellowship in African and Diaspora Studies
Postdoctoral fellows are typically accommodated in research sections within the Lagos ACC at the Institute of African and Diaspora Studies (IADS). The IADS is one of the fastest and growing academic research institutes in West Africa.
It engages in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research and also addresses issues that concern Africa, Africans and the Diaspora.
The successful applicant will work under the supervision of an expert with relevant and related specialization.
In addition, they will be expected to contribute to the various research activities related to their project; publish, at least, one article in a highly reputable peer-reviewed journal within the fellowship period; participate in teaching activities of the IADS, and present a lecture in the ACC/IADS’ Principal Investigators (PIs) Monthly Lecture Series.
The Eligibility of the University Of Lagos (UNILAG) African Cluster Centre (ACC) Postdoctoral Fellowship in African and Diaspora Studies
- All Interested applicants must possess a PhD degree which must have been awarded not earlier than June 2016.
- Applicants’ subject areas must be within the Humanities, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and other Africa-related fields.
- The call for application is open to all interested young scholars across the world.
- Applicants must possess good communication skills in English or French language or both.
- Qualified academics from the University of Lagos are also eligible to apply.
The Requirements of the University Of Lagos (Unilag) African Cluster Centre (Acc) Postdoctoral Fellowship in African and Diaspora Studies
If you are interested in the postdoctoral fellowship you will be required to submit the following:
- Soft copy of PhD certificate.
- A two-page summary of my PhD thesis.
- A three-page proposal on the postdoctoral research topic.
- Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Two reference letters.
How To Apply
Applications are to be submitted online. Correspondence with applicants will be through email.