Do you want to know what the best pet dental insurance in 2022 entails? Then you are welcome to this page. You are going to learn all about the best pet dental insurance. You just have to keep on reading and then you will simply get what you came for.
Best Pet Dental Insurance in 2022
What I will be giving you is a review of the best pet dental insurance companies, so you won’t go about looking for the best pet dental insurance, so you should just focus and then you will get all the information.
The Best Pet Dental Insurance Companies
Here are some of the best pet dental insurance companies in 2022:
Best for Alternative Therapies: Healthy Paws
Why we chose Healthy Paws: Most pet insurance providers simply exclude alternative therapies from their policies, but Healthy Paws simply covers treatments like acupuncture, chiropractic care, hydrotherapy, physical therapy, laser therapy, and even massage therapy as long as it’s prescribed and performed by a licensed veterinarian.
- No per-incident, annual, or lifetime caps.
- Quick claim processing
- It covers alternative therapy for diagnosed conditions.
- Direct payments are available under certain conditions.
- There is no hip dysplasia coverage for dogs enrolled at six years or older.
- Only a single policy has been offered.
- No coverage for prescription food.
- Limited coverage options for senior pets.
- Office exams aren’t covered.
Healthy Paws simply offers one accident and even illness policy for cats and dogs. It has no per-incident, annual, or lifetime benefit caps, and you can even choose a deductible between $100 and $500.
Healthy Paws provides quick claims processing through its mobile app, and most claims are processed in just two days. It even offers a direct payment option instead of reimbursement if you cannot afford the upfront veterinary bill.
Healthy Paws is best for pets that are enrolled while they are young, as coverage options and reimbursement rates are more limited for senior pets.
The Best for Hereditary and Congenital Conditions: ASPCA
Why we chose ASPCA: We picked ASPCA as one of the best pet insurance companies for congenital or hereditary conditions because it does not withhold coverage for these illnesses if you simply enroll your pet past a certain age. Your pet will then be fully insured relatively quickly, too, thanks to the short 14-day waiting period.
- Standout coverage for hereditary and congenital illnesses
- There is no age limit for enrollment.
- Curable pre-existing conditions are covered after 180 days.
- It covers stem cell therapy and microchipping.
- Claim processing may take up to 30 days.
- Monthly payments incur a transaction fee.
- The website is not user-friendly.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) simply offers accident-only, accident and illness, and preventive care for cats and dogs. Riding enthusiasts can also insure their horses, but only in certain states.
ASPCA’s premium rates are some of the most affordable in the industry, and the company is even more flexible on certain policy terms than its industry counterparts.
While other policies simply set an age limit on the coverage for hereditary or congenital conditions, the ASPCA then guarantees coverage no matter your pet’s age at enrollment, as long as the conditions are not pre-diagnosed. Additionally, curable pre-existing conditions are covered, provided your pet is simply symptom-free for at least the last 180 days. Other companies might also make you wait up to a year.
This insurer also falls short with its lengthy claims processing time. Pet care is even more expensive, and waiting 30 days for insurance reimbursement is not a good selling point, considering some competitors process claims in a matter of days.
Best for Unlimited Coverage: Spot Pet Insurance
Why we chose Spot: We simply picked Spot as the best pet insurance for unlimited coverage for how well it caters to pet parents who want coverage that maximizes peace of mind for their pet’s health—even if opting for low or no co-payments and also a small deductible do tend to drive up the cost of any policy, regardless of the company. The spot is also a fine choice for older pets since there is no age limit to its coverage.
- The deductible starts at $100.
- Unlimited annual coverage is available.
- It covers alternative therapies such as acupuncture and hydrotherapy.
- No upper age limit.
- Higher-than-average premiums for young pets.
- Limited knee and ligament coverage (bilateral condition policies).
- No weekend customer service availability.
Spot readily lets you maximize coverage of your pet. It’s among a relatively few companies that simply provide policies with a full (100%) coverage option, meaning you are not then responsible for any co-payment of bills. In addition, the company also offers a very low ($100) deductible option, which can further reduce your out-of-pocket payments for care.
Choosing one or both of a low co-payment and a low deductible will then lead to higher premiums for the policy. And Spot’s prices are also higher than the norm for young pets, although the company has no upper age limit for insuring new animals — which might then make it a good choice if your furry companions are elderly.
Why we chose Pumpkin: We picked Pumpkin as one of the best pet insurance for puppies and kittens because it provides both extensive insurance and non-insurance preventive care options tailored to junior animals, and at an affordable price point.
- No upper age limit.
- Coverage for prescription food.
- Short (14-day) waiting period for all conditions, including knee and hip dysplasia.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Coverage limits range from $10k for dogs and $7k for cats to an unlimited option.
- No customizable reimbursement levels.
- Limited deductible options ($100 to $500, so it will likely be more expensive).
Pumpkin offers affordable plans with an option to be able to add preventative care packs for young cats and dogs that are not included in standard coverage. For example, the company’s puppy preventive care packs simply include one annual wellness exam fee, four puppy vaccines, and a yearly fecal test.
Pumpkin will then also refund the cost of up to four vaccines your puppy might have received prior to being insured under the preventive pack, as well as cover lab tests for parasites. However, these add-ons—known as Pumpkin Preventive Essentials—are simply not available in all states.
Best for Reimbursement Options: Figo Pet Insurance
Why we chose Figo: Most competitors simply offer up to 90% reimbursement. Figo stands out as the best pet insurance for reimbursement options because pet owners can be able to choose up to 100% reimbursement and avoid copayments entirely.
- Up to 100% reimbursement.
- No upper age enrollment limit.
- Low deductible options
- Free 24/7 vet helpline.
- Short 3-day waiting period for injuries and 14 days for illnesses.
- No coverage for hereditary conditions if your pet is enrolled after its 2nd birthday.
- There is a 6-month waiting period for knee injuries and orthopedic conditions.
- Low payout limits in the wellness plan.
FIGO also offers pet owners the option to reduce their copayment to 0% thanks to its 100% reimbursement option. (As a rule, the lowest copayment offered by other providers is 10%.) Figo does not enforce annual limits, either, but the company does apply a lifetime maximum – that is, how much it will reimburse over the lifetime of your pet.
Be prepared to pay higher than average premiums for a policy with 0% copay, unlimited payout benefits, or both. Other notable drawbacks include Figo’s coverage limitations on hereditary conditions and also a lack of rider options. Pet owners can even purchase additional coverage for vet exam fees, but not for preventative care or for wellness.
Figo’s Pet Cloud app features comprehensive mobile support. With the app, you will be able to contact a licensed veterinarian 24/7, manage your pet’s insurance documents, and also make payments, among other transactions.