How do I Deactivate my old Facebook Account? The process of deactivating an account is the same as deleting an account, it is simple and fast to do to. Deactivating the account means you still which to have access to it but just want a little break from it.
We have got you covered if you want to deactivate the old account that you have but don’t know how to go about it.
Recommended Post >>> Deactivate Facebook Temporarily – Temporarily Delete Facebook – Deactivate Facebook Free
Before we’ll dive into how to deactivate the account, we will be listing some of the things that will happen once the account is deactivated. So, get your popcorn, sit, and read on.
Deactivate my Old Facebook Account
As I said earlier, deactivating a Facebook account is very easy and fast to do. Now, if making up your mind on deactivating the account, this is what happens when the account is deactivated;
- No one can see your profile
- Some of your information like messages that you’ve sent may still be visible
- Group admins may still be able to see your posts and comments, alongside your name in the groups you participated in.
- You won’t have the access to Oculus products or your Oculus information.
Have in mind that if you choose to keep Messenger active or logged in Messenger when you deactivate your account, Messenger will remain active. That means you can still chat with friends on Messenger.
What if I don’t have my old Facebook Account?
If you don’t have access to the old account, then you can recover it from the login page. Click “forget my password/reset my password”. You have to identify your old account if you don’t have the login details by any of the following;
- The email that is associated with the account
- The username you’re using on the account
- Your name, name of a trusted person on your friend’s list.
If the account has been identified, the platform will give you the options that you’ve originally provided with the account for the process. All you have to do is to follow the onscreen instructions to get the account back.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
If the recovery has been successful, the next step is to deactivate the account. And you can do that with the following instructions;
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy > Settings.
- Click “Your Facebook Information” in the left column.
- Click on “Deactivation and Deletion” to start.
- Choose Deactivate Account, then click Continue to Account Deactivation and enter your password when prompted to.
The account will be deactivated and you reactivate it whenever you want.