A lot of you might be wondering what is a Facebook marketplace and how to works? Well, you are in the right place to get the answers you been wanting to get. Facebook marketplace is a classified ad section of the social network that helps you in getting individuals and businesses sell items locally. The marketplace is the extension or expansion into the markets that compete with the services of Amazon, Jumia, eBay, and others. Here in this article, I will be revealing a lot for you to have a proper understanding of what the Facebook marketplace is all about. I plead with you my readers not to skip again paragraph of the article for anything.
Recommended for You >>> Facebook Rolled Out Avatar – Facebook Avatar Setup | Facebook Avatar App(Opens in a new browser tab)
Facebook Marketplace could be essentially a social craigslist where users can be able to give a list of everything they sell or buy there. Facebook doesn’t have to facilitate the transactions between the buyer and the seller. However, it acts as the venue where both the sellers have to advertise their goods for sales, alongside attaching the price, shipping amount, and other the seller and buyer. The seller doesn’t have to meet with the buyer before sales can take place. All you need to do is to send a message to the seller and transaction can take effect from there.
What can I sell on Facebook Marketplace?
The Facebook marketplace will have to ask you if you want to sell either a vehicle or if you want to sell something else or you want to rent a home. It will also ask you to enter the category of the product you want to sell. Let’s list some of the items or products you can sell on the Facebook Marketplace.
- Simple machines.
- Clothing and accessories.
- Electronics appliances.
- Kitchen accessories.
- Phones etc.
Here are some of the lists of items that can be sold on the platform.
What I can’t sell on the Facebook marketplace?
However, just as there are items to be sold on the platform likewise, there are items or products that can’t be sold on the platform. Below are the given lists of the item that can’t be sold:
- Healthcare products (Thermometers, First – aids kits, etc.).
- Body parts and fluids.
- Event tickets.
- Gift cards
- Weapons, explosives, and ammunition.
- Adult products (Contraceptives are not allowed, pleasure items, etc.).
- Prescriptions drugs and supplements.
- Offensive and misleading products.
Here are the lists of Facebook Marketplace products or items you are not to sell.
How to list items on the Facebook marketplace?
Selling your products on the platform is a simple procedure, and can be done by following the steps below.
- Tap on the marketplace on the left-hand side of the Newsfeed.
- Then click on Sell something.
- Input your items’ info.
- After that, add photos to upload a photo of your item from the device.
- Hit on the post button.
With these steps, you have successfully listed your products for sales.
How to get Facebook marketplace?
For you to have the Facebook marketplace app you need to take the following procedures accordingly. Given below are the steps:
- • Go to the official website of Facebook or app and then do login again.
- • Then uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
- • Then, do change your Facebook home country to the one that is been supported by the Facebook Marketplace.
- • Go to your Facebook profile, Tap about and then also tap on the plus sign to add a city or edit to change your current city.
- • Make sure you are using the new Facebook account daily, comment on the posts, and also do add friends.
- • When Facebook gets to know that your Facebook account is real and isn’t a Fake account. One can be made to see your products, and then the marketplace may be unlocked for you.
You Should See >>> Facebook Marketplace Buy and Sell – Facebook Marketplace Buy and Sell Locally | Facebook Marketplace Buy and Sell Near(Opens in a new browser tab)
NOTE: Make sure that you do visit the Facebook marketplace from your website directly through your browser. This is because it helps to back up your options of link refuses to show up on your main Facebook website and within the Facebook apps as well.