With the name alone we know that “Google Drive” is a Google product. Google Drive is a file storage service that allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices and also share files. It was launched on April 24, 2012. In addition to a website, they offer apps with offline capabilities for both Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS smartphones and tablets.
FOR MORE GOOGLE PRODUCTS SEE: Google Duo – The Video calling App | High-Quality Video Calls | Download
With Google Drive, all your documents are stored and saved and you do not need to worry about space since Google gives each user storage of 15 GB which I am such is large enough. You may probably be an active Google drive user or are new to this platform, but let me tell you this application has a lot of benefits and features to keep you satisfied.
Features of Google Drive
Here are some great features of Google Drive to make your experience exceptional.
- Work offline. Activate offline mode to create and edit files without an internet connection.
- Restore previous versions. See changes that users have made to document in the driver app and restore previous settings.
- Scan documents with your android phone. You can scan all your documents with Drive for android.
- Locate images and PDFs by their text. Easily locate your saved documents.
- Stream your videos from the drive.
- Keep any file. Get to keep any file whether they are photos, videos, presentations PDFs and Microsoft office files.
- Share how you want. Files in your drive are private until you want to share them. You can invite others to view, comment and edit any file or folder you choose.
- Safe and secure. Your security is a priority and every file stays safe no matter what happens to your smartphone.
- Drive Apps. Get to a worker with smart apps that will make your drive experience more.
- Chrome books. It is built into this feature makes sure your files and photos are automatically backed up.
How to Activate Offline Mode
Here is how to activate the offline mode.
- Click on the settings icon on Google drive.
- Choose settings and tick on the offline box.
- Click on done.
And now you have successfully activated the offline mode. Now work offline.
How to Restore Previous Settings
Here is how to restore previous settings.
- In any Google doc, sheet or slide click on the file.
- Then click on version history and the see version history.
- In the right panel click on a timestamp to see an earlier version of a file.
- Click on restore this version and then restore it.
You have successfully restored the previous version easy and simple.
How to upload files on Google Drive
You can upload files on your Google drive and here is a method to do just that.
- On your computer go to www.drive.google.com
- At the top left click on new and then the file upload.
- Select the file you want to upload.
And the file will immediately be uploaded in your account. But apart from using your computer, you can also use your android and iPhone to upload files.