How to Transfer a Profile on a Netflix Account. A new feature that allows users to transfer profiles to a separate account was introduced by Netflix. It is useful if you have any password moochers, or if you have somebody using your account that you don’t want on there anymore.
If you have an issue transferring a profile on a Netflix account, keep reading this page to get a solution.
How to Transfer a Profile on a Netflix Account
Netflix is rolling out this feature now across the world, and it will be available for use in the US and UK. Well, you will have to sign into Netflix on a web browser, not via an app. Below are the steps you need to take to transfer a profile:
Steps to Transfer a Profile to Netflix
- Tap on “Transfer Profile” in the drop-down menu on the homepage. If you click on “Account,” it can also take you to the transfer profiles page.
- Confirm that you want aloe profile transfers. An email will be sent to the account holder to confirm that profile transfers are turned on once you click “Allow.”
- Select which profile you would like to transfer to a new account within the Profiles and Parental Controls section, and then click “Transfer.” For each screenshot, a backup copy of the profile will still be available on the original account.
- Put down the email address and password you will use for the new account. Follow the on-screen prompts until the profile is moved over; Netflix will send a confirmation email once everything is finished.
However, Netflix will keep a copy of the profile on the original account. When you are writing, you will not be able to move a profile to an existing account; it will have to be a new one. You can continue by using a web browser if you have no other option but to leave the process halfway through and sign into Netflix with the email address and password you used to start the process.
Then, select “Finish Transfer’ to pick up where you left off. It is one of the first things that Netflix has rolled out to curb password sharing. The platform has been tested, allowing users to add additional “homes” in Central and South America as well as other features. Well, these are not yet official worldwide.
What is carried over in a profile transfer on Netflix?
Once you move a profile to a new account, the following information should be retained:
- Recommendations and content suggestions
- Viewing history
- Saved games and games handle
- Settings such as languages and subtitles, autoplay, age-rating viewing restrictions, and more
- Profile name and icon
Those are the details that are retained when you move a profile to a new account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you transfer Netflix profiles to another account?
Ahead of the looming crackdown on password sharing, Netflix is introducing a way to ease the transition for subscribers and make it simpler: profile transferring. With this feature, viewers using someone else’s Netflix account are allowed to migrate their information, including recommendations and viewing history, to a new profile.
How do I change the profile owner on Netflix?
If you are finding it hard to change the profile owner on Netflix, you can do it from a web browser. You just have to navigate to your account page. Select a profile name from Profile & Parental Controls. Select Change for the setting you wish to edit for that profile. Save/Submit changes.
Can you watch Netflix on the same profile?
Your membership plan determines the number of screens you can watch at the same time, but it does not restrict the number of devices you can associate with your account. If you want to watch on a new or different device, sign in to Netflix on that device.
How many profiles can you have on one Netflix account?
Netflix allows up to five profiles on one account. For instance, you and whomever you share with can enjoy a personalized experience because each profile has its own language preferences, TV show and movie suggestions, playback settings, and more.