Is your Imessage not working and you are wondering why? If your iMessage is not working then it should be because you have not yet updated your iOS device.
You might be having problems sending and receiving messages when using your iPad or iPhone. In this article, we are going to find out how to fix iMessage not working.
Imessage Not Working
There are several reasons why iMessage is not working. It may be because there is an issue with apple’s iMessage server. Or it might be that there is a problem with the messaging app.
It might also be because your phone setting needs adjustment. If your iMessage is not working it might be because of one of the reasons listed above. Below you will find out how to fix the issues you are having with Imessage.
How Do I Fix Imessage Activation?
Here are the steps on how to fix iMessage activation:
- Make sure airplane mode isn’t turned on.
- Check your connection to Wi-Fi & cellular data.
- Set your iPhone to the correct time zone.
- Turn iMessage off and back on.
- Check for a carrier settings update.
- Update your iPhone.
- Sign out of your apple id.
- And lastly, reset network settings
These are the steps on how to fix iMessage activation.
How Do I Fix My Green iMessage?
Here are the steps on how to fix my green Imessage:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on messages.
- And next tap on Turn OFF and then back ON your Imessage option.
Now open back Message and try to send a message to your friend’s iPhone but make sure to use the button at the Top-Left corner to find your friend and start the conversation, don’t just open your recent chat with him/her.
Imessage not working on Mac
When Imessage is not working on your Mac, disabling and then re-enabling iMessage on the Mac will resolve the issue. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Open the messaging app on your Mac.
- Go to the Imessage tab.
- Make sure the apple ID is set properly.
- Check the enable this account, and enable your account.
These are the steps you would need to follow when Imessage is not working on your Mac.
iMessage not working on iPhone
When Imessage is not working on your iPhone you should consider these steps below:
- Go to your settings.
- Tap on message.
- Turn off iMessage.
- Then turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the on/off button. Then slide to power off.
- Wait for your iPhone to start up again.
- Once you have rebooted go back to settings.
- Then turn on iMessage.
These are the steps you would need to follow when Imessage is not working on your iPhone.