Have you heard of Musopen before? Do you know what it’s all about? Musopen is a non-profit organization located in Tarzana, California lunched by Aaron Dunn in 2005. Its aim is to set music free by providing music to the public free of charge without copyright restrictions.
Recommended for You >>> SoundCloud: Play Music, Audio, New Songs and Mixtapes(Opens in a new browser tab)
Musopen provides an online library of public domain music recordings that are released into the public domain. It offers a large library of recording and musical scores that are in the public domain. In addition to raising money to finance classical music recording which is published in on public domain.
Musopen was created to provide copyright-free music content, including recordings, sheet music, and music textbooks, available to the masses at absolutely no charge. It operates under a premium model where much of the content is available for free. This allows you to have lots of music offline, while HD premium quality download requires a subscription.
The features of Musopen are right here:
- Record practice sessions for feedback or to track progress over time.
- See progress every day or week.
- Set goals per week or per piece.
- Ask for help if you get stuck.
- Discover new music to learn.
- Earn badges to track progress and stay motivated.
These are the features of Musopen.
Through Musopen you can have access to two great apps, which are radio and practice. With radio you can have access to free HD music streaming, being able to listen on your Smartphone, or paired with a speaker.
While with practice you can play instruments, monitoring how long you have been playing daily, setting weekly goals, being able to ask for help if you get stuck, and more. You can find private teachers on the website that will teach you how to play the most varied instrument like violin, piano, flute, and guitar.
Musopen Download Music
If you want to download music from Musopen, you will have to go to the platform’s official website and login or create an account, that’s if you don’t have any.
- Click on the green icon in the upper right corner and proceed to register.
- When creating an account you will find three options which are light, member, and benefactor.
- Click on the blue button that says register in light, then enter your name, email, and password and click signup.
You will be redirected to your profile where you can change your plan, change certain settings apply to be a rental musician, or hire teachers.