In this age, we only want apps and programs that can keep our information secure and that are very useful to us. However, a browser called Wave is seemingly doing more harm than good as a browser.
Wave Browser Review
What is a wave browser: A wave browser is a malicious software built in the form of a browser that comes with so many security risks. The real origin of this browser is yet to be confirmed
Is wave browser safe | Should I Remove Wave Browser?
Wave browser itself is not actually a type of virus. It is just a normal browser. However, the concerning factor here is that the malware from this browser can make unauthorized system changes without the permission of the admin. This is very scary.
You might not even be aware of when you installed the browser since it gets automatically installed through file-bundling.
Reasons not to Use Wave Browser
Since the browser is capable of making changes on your computer without your consent, your PC can get vulnerable to hackers and different viruses. For example, this browser can change the default home page and other settings of your computer.
The browser is capable of collecting data from your PC without your authorization. This browser can take advantage of some of your vital personal information.
This program displays a lot of annoying ads, banners, offers, and more which can have links that can redirect you to suspicious or malicious websites or programs. Once you click on any of the links, it can also invite malware to your computer. Such malware can take control of your computer entirely.
The browser can act like a medium through which hackers can get some of your data, like IP address, cookies, history, bookmarks, and more.
Due to these reasons, we recommend you avoid using this browser since there are other safer and better browsers out there.
How to Remove Wave Browser on Windows
Now that we know what makes Wave browser unsafe for our computers, let’s look at how to get it out since it’s a very tricky process. Unlike other programs, we can’t simply click on the Uninstall button to get the browser out. This browser is a bit complicated to uninstall even as it changes the settings in the System Registry and gets a foothold in your PC.
So, even though it may seem like it’s already uninstalled, it’s difficult to completely clear out from your computer. To get the Wave browser completely out follow these simple steps:
Uninstall Wave Browser
The first step here is to uninstall the Wave browser from the Apps and Features list on your computer.
- Click on the Start button and type in Apps and Features in the search bar
- Select the Wave browser and then click on Uninstall.
This is a very simple process, but it doesn’t end here.
If you can’t find the Wave browser app with the above steps, you can sort the dates and uninstall any recent programs that you can’t recognize.
note that some viruses here may backtrack and appear to be of an older date. So, it’s best to check every single program and delete the suspicious ones.
How to Quit the Remaining Rogue-related Processes
For this next step, we’ll need to first of all open the Task Manager. You ca do this by searching for it in the search bar or using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc. After that, follow these steps:
- On the Task Manager window, click on Processes.
- Check if any processes have mentioned the Wave browser in any way, or have similar names, like Wavesor, or Iexplorer.exe.
Select the particular Process and click on End Task.
- If you find any rogue processes mentioned above by any means, right-click on them and click on Open File Location, After that, delete the file location folders.
When you have done that, disable Items Related to Wave Browser by doing the following
- Click on the Start button and then enter msconfig.
- In the new pop-up window that comes up, click on the Startup tab.
- After that, Click on Open Task Manager.
- When you habe done that, Select all items related to the Wave browser.
- Click on Disable.
Delete Registry items
- Open the regedit.exe application. To do that, type in Registry Editor in the search bar.
- After that, In the new window, click on the Edit tab and then click on Find.
- Enter Wave browser in the tiny box given. Then Delete any related searches.
- Finally, find and delete any Registry items with names similar to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DomainSuggestion (registry key).
With all these done, your PC is free from the Wave browser. You can now restart your PC in Safe Mode. If you’re on Windows 11.
- www.unison.com/mail-offer – Apply For Unison Home Equity | Unison Application Requirements
- www.fscmecard.org Activate Card – Activate AFSCME Card Membership Benefits
- Best Photo Sharing and Storage Sites – Best Cloud Sharing and Storage Sites for Photos
- Starbucks Employee Benefits – What are Starbucks Employee Benefits
- Wellsfargo.Com/Activatecard En Espaol – Activate Wells Fargo Card