Are you wondering why your iMessage is not working? Are you wondering if iMessage is down? This page has the answers to your entire question on iMessage not working. Read on to find out.
IMessage is one of the most popular messaging services and it seems like the service does not seem to work for iOS 15 users. And there is some reason why it is not working.
Why is iMessage not working?
Is your iMessage down or you are having a problem with sending and receiving messages on your iPhone or Mac. There are different reasons why your iMessage may not be working; it could be an issue with apple’s iMessage server or a problem with the messaging app.
It could also be that your settings need adjustment. If your iMessage is not working then it should be because you have not yet updated your iOS device.
Reasons why iMessage is not Working
Your iMessage may not be working because of the following reasons:
- It might not be working because there is an issue with apple’s iMessage server.
- It might not be working because there is a problem with the messaging app.
- It might not be working because you have not yet updated your iOS device.
- It might not be working because your settings need adjustment.
These are the major reasons why your iMessage is not working.
How Do I Fix Imessage Activation?
Here are the steps on how to fix iMessage activation:
- Make sure airplane mode isn’t turned on.
- Check your connection to Wi-Fi & cellular data.
- Set your iPhone to the correct time zone.
- Turn iMessage off and back on.
- Check for a carrier settings update.
- Update your iPhone.
- Sign out of your apple id.
- And lastly, reset network settings
These are the steps on how to fix iMessage activation.
Imessage Not Working On Mac
When Imessage is not working on your Mac, disabling and then re-enabling iMessage on the Mac will resolve the issue. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Open the messaging app on your Mac.
- Go to the Imessage tab.
- Make sure the apple ID is set properly.
- Check the enable this account, and enable your account.
These are the steps you would need to follow when Imessage is not working on your Mac.
Imessage Not Working On iPhone
When Imessage is not working on your iPhone you should consider these steps below:
- Go to your settings.
- Tap on message.
- Turn off iMessage.
- Then turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the on/off button. Then slide to power off.
- Wait for your iPhone to start up again.
- Once you have rebooted go back to settings.
- Then turn on iMessage.
These are the steps you would need to follow when Imessage is not working on your iPhone.