What is a Salary Account?
One kind of bank account intended especially for managing and accepting salary contributions from an employer is a salary account. Banks frequently provide these accounts to make employees’ pay easier. A salary account is a kind of savings account where the account holder’s employer deposits a set amount of money each month as “salary.”
What is Salary Advance?
A salary advance, sometimes referred to as a salary loan or paycheck advance, is a financial arrangement in which a company gives an employee some of their anticipated pay in advance of the employee’s regular payday.
Usually, this is done to assist workers in meeting unforeseen costs or urgent financial demands until their next paycheck is received.
Factors to Consider when Choosing Banks for Salary Account in Nigeria
It is important to consider some factors before you get signed with banks for salary account in Nigeria and here are a few of them;
- Service Accessibility: Choose a bank that has a network of branches and ATMs that are suitable for your requirements.
- Online and Mobile Banking Services: To ensure simple account management, find out if the bank provides reliable online and mobile banking platforms.
- Customer Service: Take into account how well the bank handles customer service.
- Fees & Charges: Examine the costs related to different services, including transfers, ATM withdrawals, and account upkeep.
- Interest Rates: Take into account the interest rates on savings or other deposit accounts if you want to keep a sizable amount of money in these accounts.
When you get started with Access salary account you get access to a bouquet of loans to suit your personal needs when you open a salary account today. You also get a 5% interest rate reduction on loans.
Features of the Access salary account involves 24/7 service which does not require visits to the bank and the application is done without any form of stress which is done through the QuickBucks App or USSD code *901*11*1#, No documentation needed, No collateral required, and 6 months tenor.
Because you have put in a lot of work this month, the Zenith Salary Account is meant to make it simple and convenient for you to access your money. in addition to the fact that you’re always in possession of goods that will improve your banking experience.
The features and benefits that makes up this account includes zero opening balance, internet banking, Eazymoney, debit card, email, sms alert, salary advance, consumer loans, and terms loans.
Requirement involves Account opening form, one passport photograph of authorized signatory, letter of introduction from your employer on the company’s letterhead and a staff identity card.
And when you meet up with all the requirement you can get started with Zenith Salary account at any Zenith bank branch.
GTB salary account offers up to 50% of your net monthly salary upfront which is also salary advance. It is available to staff of private companies and government agencies with active salary accounts residing in GTBank.
Features of this salary account includes;
Up to 50% of net monthly salary in advance, tenor of 30 days (renewable monthly).
No collateral required.
Minimum salary of 25,000 for public sector and 50,000 for private sector employees and salary advance will made available within 24 hours.
Applying for the GTB salary account simply login to Internet banking, dial *737*8*23# to apply and visit any GTBank branch or any ATM near you.
Eco bank salary account information entails that this is an account designed for salary workers. The Salary Account comes with a life insurance. The Salary account provides value added services the traditional current account does not offer. It provides a life insurance of up to GHS 10,000.
The benefits you stand to gain when using the Eco bank salary account involves free life insurance, ability to save through “save as you spend”, 24/7 access to cash and e-Banking services, internet and mobile banking services and no minimum balance.
The UBA salary account is known as the special current or savings account package and that is designed for salaried professionals in both the private and public sector.
Benefits of professionally packages account is ease of transaction includes;
- Multi-digital banking channels (UBA Internet banking.
- Mobile banking.
- Chat banking which could be accessed on Facebook, Whatsapp, Apple Business Chat, Instagram and Google Business Chat), and USSD.
Other benefits include;
- Debit and prepaid card like MasterCard, Visa card, Gold card, Prepaid card and World card).
- Cheque Book.
- Interest payment on savings account
- Personal finance management, access to personal loans, and
- Ease of conversion to a normal savings/current account even when you are no longer at your place of employment.
Polaris Salary Account is designed for individuals in paid employment. The account allows customers receive their monthly income while enjoying superior banking services and access to loan offerings.
The account also gives customers access to multiple loans (Personal Term loan, Salary advance, Auto loan, Mortgage loans & Credit cards) at once.
There are so many benefits that you stand to gain when you get started with Polaris includes;
- Easy on-boarding, zero opening and operating balance, competitive interest on savings
- Free Verve Debit Card for first issuance
- Mobile banking transaction daily limit of N30,000 at a maximum of N3,000 per transaction (For Instant Salary)
- Mobile banking transaction daily limit of N100,000 at a maximum of N10,000 per transaction (For Instant Salary Plus)
- Maximum single deposit limit of N50,000 and cumulative account balance of N300,000 (For Instant Salary).
Other benefits include; maximum single deposit limit of N100,000 and cumulative account balance of N500,000 (For Instant Salary Plus), maximum of 4 withdrawals monthly.
Interest forfeiture if withdrawal exceeds four (4) times in a month, lCY & FCY denominated, access to e-channel platforms and access to loans.
Conclusion on Banks for Salary Account in Nigeria
The best banks for a salary account in Nigeria, or anywhere else, would rely on personal tastes and particular requirements. Services, perks, and account features vary throughout banks.
As a result, when making a choice, people should take into account elements including customer service, online services, accessibility, fees, and interest rates.