The GTBank Dollar Card is a significant financial instrument that allows you to conduct transactions in US dollars when you fund it, making it ideal for overseas payments and online shopping.
Learning how to fund your GTBank Dollar account is an important step in efficiently managing your finances. This article will walk you through the process of funding your GTBank Dollar account step by step.
In case you don’t have a dollar account with GTBank, this is what you need to do to open one:
What you’ll need to open GTBank Dollar Account
- Filled and signed Domiciliary Account opening form.
- A copy of identification document (Driver’s License, International passport, National I.D Card, or any other acceptable by the bank).
- One passport photograph.
- Two (2) completed reference forms.
- Utility bill issued within the last 3 months.
Submit the items listed above to any GTBank branch nearest to you to open GTBank dollar account.
What can I use the GTBank dollar card for
After you have activated your account, you can begin using your Dollar Card for a range of operations, such as:
- Internet shopping, international travel, and foreign currency transactions.
- Banking services are available around the clock through our numerous e-channels.
- Foreign currency cash withdrawals are available at any GTBank branch.
- Transfer funds in foreign currency to the domiciliary accounts of other banks in Nigeria and overseas.
What details do I need to send an international wire transfer to fund my GTBank Dollar Card?
To receive an international wire transfer, you will need:
- Enter your GTBank Dollar account number.
- and GTBank SWIFT/BIC code, GTBIGB2L.
- To avoid delays, be sure that you submit appropriate beneficiary information.
Seven (7) Ways to Fund Your GTBank Dollar Card
Below are several steps you can take to fund your GTBank dollar card they include:
Step 1: International Wire Transfer
This is one of the most prevalent methods of funding a GTBank Dollar account from a bank or financial institution outside of Nigeria.
- If you earn in dollars, as a freelancer, you can use your dollar account to receive payment and funds in dollar.
- Also, if you have friends or family in abroad, they can also fund your account with dollar via a wire transfer.
Contact your foreign bank and supply them with the essential wire transfer information. You’ll need your GTBank Dollar account number as well as the bank’s SWIFT/BIC code, GTBIGB2L.
Make sure you submit accurate beneficiary information, such as your name and account information.
Step 2: Dollar Transfers Within the Country
If you have a dollar account with another Nigerian bank, you can transfer funds to your GTBank Dollar account.
Inquire with your present bank about their procedure for moving funds to another bank. You’ll need your GTBank Dollar account number as well as GTBank SWIFT/BIC code, GTBINGLA.
Step 3: Foreign Currency Cheque Deposit
If you get checks or drafts in US dollars, you can deposit them into your GTBank Dollar account.
Visit your local GTBank branch and provide the foreign currency cheque, along with your account information.
Step 4: Online Dollar Payment Platforms
Some online payment systems allow you to fund your GTBank Dollar account directly from your local currency account.
Check with GTBank to see if they have any partnerships with such platforms.
Step 5: Cash Deposit in US Dollars
Since it is a dollar account, you can only deposit dollar since it is the only currency accepted.
Go to any GTBank branch bank make the dollar deposit yourself or have someone else do it for you in the bank. To get dollar in Nigeria, you can get from Bureau De change in your locality.
During the deposit process, make sure to provide appropriate account information.
Step 6: Forex Trading Profits or Investments
If you trade forex or make dollar-denominated investments, you can move your profits or returns to your GTBank Dollar account.
Step 7: GTBank Internet or Mobile Banking
GTBank provides internet and mobile banking services that may allow you to transfer funds from your local currency account to your Dollar account. Check with GTBank to determine if this option is accessible to you.
Frequently asked questions
Below are some of the frequently asked questions on how to fund GTBank dollar card and their short answers:
How can I Fund my GTBank Dollar Card?
You can fund your GTBank Dollar Card in a variety of ways, including
- International wire transfers.
- In-country dollar transfers, foreign currency cheque deposits.
- Online payment platforms.
- Cash deposits in US dollars.
- and transferring gains or returns from forex trading or investments.
Can I transfer money to my GTBank Dollar Card from another Nigerian bank?
Yes, you can transfer dollars to your GTBank Dollar Card from another Nigerian bank’s dollar account. Ask your present bank about their in-country dollar transfer procedure, and offer your GTBank Dollar account number and GTBank SWIFT/BIC code.
What is the procedure for depositing a foreign currency check into my GTBank Dollar Card?
Visit a GTBank branch and present the foreign currency cheque, as well as your GTBank Dollar account information. The bank will handle the deposit.
Is it possible to fund my GTBank Dollar Card straight from my local currency account using online payment platforms?
This option may be available on some online payment platforms. It is preferable to inquire with GTBank about any relationships with such platforms.
Can I put physical US dollars on my GTBank Dollar Card?
Yes, you can make a cash deposit in US dollars into your GTBank Dollar Card at any GTBank branch. During this deposit, make sure you submit appropriate account information.
Can I move my forex trading gains or returns to my GTBank Dollar Card?
Yes, you can transfer gains or returns from forex trading to your GTBank Dollar Card. For more information, contact your forex broker or investment platform.
Is GTBank internet or mobile banking service available for funding my GTBank Dollar Card?
GTBank offers internet and mobile banking services via which you may be able to transfer funds from your local currency account to your Dollar Card. Check with GTBank to see if this is an option is available to you.
What should I put in mind when depositing money into my GTBank Dollar Card?
- Keep detailed records of all transactions.
- Be careful of any fees related with funding your GTBank Dollar Card, since certain types of transactions may incur fees.
- To avoid delays or problems, ensure that the information provided during transfers is correct.
The GTBank Dollar Card is an excellent financial instrument that allows you to do transactions in US dollars, making it ideal for overseas payments and online shopping.
You can successfully apply for and acquire a GTBank Dollar Card by following the steps indicated in this tutorial and visiting your nearest GTBank branch.
To avoid delays or complications, keep records of all your transactions and ensure that the information provided during transfers is correct.
If you have any specific question or require assistance with the funding process, please contact GTBank customer care or visit your nearest bank for assistance.
The GTBank dollar card will open up a world of possibilities for global financial interactions, enjoying the simplicity and flexibility that comes with it.