Do you want to know How to Change your Phone Number in Gmail? If you do then you should just keep on reading and I will show you how you can actually do this with some guidelines or steps below.
If you are simply How can I change my phone number in Gmail? In case you added your phone number to your Gmail account and then you don’t have access to the phone number anymore. In this article, I will simply show you the necessary steps you need how to change phone numbers in Gmail.
However, Gmail or Google simply makes use of your phone number to then receive a verification code in order to then verify your account. Also, the phone number is even usually associated with your email account for security purposes.
How to Change Phone Number in Gmail
Furthermore, the process is simply based on how to change mobile numbers on Gmail when you do not have or no longer make use of the phone number again. Based on the fact that the phone number that is connected to your Gmail account allows you to try another option when resetting your password or recovering your account if locked out. Also, this simply allows you to just provide or authenticate access to your email account based on the two-step login.
How to Change Phone Number in Gmail
There are also two ways that have been used in authenticating access or recovering a Gmail account. Either with the use of another email address or with your phone number as an alternative recovery method. In case you then want to simply change your phone number in Gmail, you simply need to go through the google account.
- You should first open a well-secure web browser and sign in to your email account on this link www.gmail.com.
- Then you should click on the profile photo icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Then, just select the option, Manage your Google Account.
- Also, you will have to select Personal info in the menu section.
- Now just click Contact Info and select the option Phone.
- Next, you can then click on the current number and the Pencil icon to edit.
However, you will also be prompted to sign in with your account password; from there, you can simply decide to change or update your phone number. Remember, changing the phone number also does change your recovery phone number.
How to Update Mobile Number in Gmail App
Another platform for you to access the procedures on how to change mobile numbers in a Gmail account is through the Gmail mobile app. Moreover, the process of changing the mobile number in a Gmail account is similar to the change on the PC.
- You should first, open the Gmail app and then sign in to your Google mail account.
- Then, you should click on the menu button displayed as the three-horizontal lines.
- Now after that just scroll down and select Settings.
- In the setting screen, you can then click the option ” Gmail address”.
- Then, also select Manage your Google Account and then click on Personal Info
- Also, you will then have to click on the phone and then click the Edit icon (the pencil icon).
In summary, you can even follow the instructions to then change and also update your phone number. Also, this process even allows you to simply perform the procedures on how to also remove phone numbers in Gmail on the Gmail mobile app and the Gmail web. There is also another exciting aspect of the Gmail phone number.
How to Recover Gmail Account without a Phone Number
The following steps on how to change phone numbers in Gmail allow you to update, change, edit, add, and even remove your phone numbers on your mobile devices and desktop. The Gmail phone number you actually use to simply recover the Gmail account.
But when you do not have your phone number for the verification of your email account. Another option that you can also use is the Gmail account recovery email address. However, you can use your recovery email as your Google account recovery if your phone number is lost.
Just use the following step to recover the Gmail account without a phone number.
- First, you should just log in to your Google account on the web.
- Then, you can just enter your email address and the wrong password.
- Also, you will then receive an alert and an incorrect password.
- Now, click Forgot password or More ways to sign in.
- Next, you will have to select “Forgot password” and enter the last letter of your password.
- You should then click I don’t have my phone number and you can provide a recovery email address.
After that, Google will then send you a verification or the recovery Gmail account password. Now enter the verification code and then change your Gmail password. Later on, you can even decide to go back to add or update or change to a new phone number on your email account. In summary, the Gmail phone number setting simply allows you to change, update, and also remove phone numbers on your Google email account, with a verification code that is sent to your mobile device.
CHECK THIS OUT: