How to tell if AirPods are Charging. How do I know if my AirPods are charging? This type of question will come to your mind when you don’t know if your AirPods are charging. Especially when you have AirPods or AirPods Pro in their charging case.
You are going to want to know the charging status and the level of charge of your AirPods without a battery indicator.
How to tell if AirPods are Charging
There are a lot of ways to determine if your AirPods are charging. You can overcome this by using the case or using your iPhone to view its charging status. Through the status, you can get help to determine if you’re going to take them out for a long trip or not.
To get more information concerning how to know if your AirPods are charging, keep reading below. Before you will be told if your AirPods are charging, you will have to know what all the lights stand for.
What Do the AirPods Status Lights Mean?
The light on your AirPods can change colors, and each one means something different. These include:
- Amber light: (with AirPods inside): indicates AirPods and case are both charging
- The green light indicates the AirPods are completely charged. The same will apply to the AirPods case if you remove the AirPods and the light remains green.
- A flashing amber light means there is a potential pairing error or other undiagnosed issues. You’ll need to troubleshoot your AirPods next.
- No light indicates the AirPods and case’s battery are completely drained. You’ll need to charge them up.
Above is all the information you need to know about the lights on your AirPods.
How to Tell if Your AirPods are Charging Via the Case
You can see if your AirPods are charging at home through the case by opening the lid. However, the AirPods case charges itself when you connect it to a power source.
Step 1: Check AirPods’ charging status via the case:
- Get hold of your AirPods charging case and flip open the lid.
- Check the status light of the charging case. Its location will vary depending on the AirPods model.
If it is the 1st or 2nd generation, AirPods will have a status light inside the case in-between each of the AirPods. From the 3rd generation, AirPods and AirPods Pro will have a status light on the front of the case.
How to Know If AirPods Are Charging via iPhone
With the use of your iPhone or iPad that’s paired with the AirPods, you can know if they are charging.
Steps to know if your AirPods are charging via iPhone or iPad:
- Make sure your AirPods are in the charging case.
- Bring them near your iPhone (or iPad) and flip open the AirPods case.
- A notification will appear on your iPhone and will display the current battery levels of the AirPods and charging case.
- If you don’t see the notification, make sure that your AirPods are connected to your iPhone or iPad.
- Click Settings from the home screen.
- Click Bluetooth
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch to the on position.
- Click on your AirPods from the list of devices.
- When they connect, tap the information (i) icon.
- In your AirPods settings menu, you can view the charging information for your AirPods and the charging case.
Getting the Best from Your AirPods
The case’s light indicates their status so you can know the charging status of your AirPods or AirPods Pro. Well, you can use your iPhone to find the charging status in settings. It’s also worth noting that you can check AirPods’ battery levels on Android if you are an Android user.
There are a lot of exciting ways to use your AirPods that you may not know about. For instance, you can skip songs with AirPods and enable noise cancellation on AirPods. AirPods don’t only connect to your iPhone or iPad.
Furthermore, you can connect AirPods to Roku or connect AirPods to a Windows 11 PC. And if you tend to misplace or lose them, you can add AirPods to the find my app.
Commonly Asked Questions
Does the AirPod light stay on when charging?
Have it in mind that the status light will not stay illuminated while charging — about 8 seconds after you connect the AirPods pro case to a charger, the status light will turn off, which could make it look like your AirPods are not charging.
Why are my AirPods not charging?
Did you find out that your AirPods are not charging? Well, make sure your case has its own charge and the charging light is on. Your AirPods should charge whenever they are in the charging case, but sometimes they don’t work as expected. If all else fails, you might need to factory reset your AirPods or get them serviced by Apple.
How long do AirPods take to charge from a dead battery?
It can take just a maximum of 30 minutes for your AirPods to be fully charged from low. One of the best things about using an AirPods case for charging AirPods is that it can charge the battery in a very short time. Thanks to the case, you will be able to use your AirPods after 15 minutes of charging.
Can you overcharge AirPods?
To be frank with you, you can overcharge AirPods. If you plug your AirPods in to charge for too long, they will eventually stop charging and discharge. When the battery inside the AirPods is full, it will no longer be able to accept any more charge.