Looking for How to Use Facebook Video Chat? The Facebook video chat is one of the fairly new additional features to Facebook. More so, you may not have been seeing the video new icon on top of your camera icon at the top of your chatting page.
Facebook video chat is actually powered by Skype. Furthermore, Skype is an internet telephone service. Facebook offers a video chat feature due to the fact that users now refer to seeing who they are chatting with.
How to Use Facebook Video Chat
Therefore, if you see the video icon, you can initiate a video chat with your friends. If you don’t see a video camera icon in your chat windows, then go to the Facebook video calling page.
However, you can click Get started, but you aren’t prompted to do the video call set up until you actually try to initiate a call. Therefore, once you try to start your first call, you will be prompted to do your initial setup.
Furthermore, download the file to run on your computer before you can continue. Then, if they don’t have it set up, you have to wait for your friends to set up their video calling device too. However, if you and your recipient have a video calling setup, a popup window appears when you initiate a call as it rings on the other end.
Also, once you can see each other, the call is pretty effortless. According to Facebook F&A, the video is a direct peer-to-peer connection. More so, you won’t have to worry about server overload.
Guidelines to Use Facebook Video Chat
Basically, before a Facebook user can access the video chatting feature, they must follow the steps below.
- Open a chat with the person you wish to do the video chat with. Therefore, make sure to open a conversation with a single person. More so, you cannot really start a video chat with a group for now.
- Hit on the video chat button at the top of the conversation area. Particularly, this will open a call with the other person.
If the button is grayed out or not there, the other person is not able to receive a video call this time.
- Wait for the other person to pick up. Therefore, the recipient will have a notification that they are receiving a video call. They will be able to answer using a messenger or the Facebook website and a webcam.
- Press the camera swap button to switch between the front and rear camera. Hit on this button during any video chat to switch between camera messenger displays.
How to Video Chat on Fbook with the Facebook Website
Here are the guides to video chat on Facebook with your PC or laptop.
- Use your PC webcam or connect an External webcam to your computer [if necessary]. Therefore, if your computer doesn’t have a webcam connected, you will need to install one before you can video chat.
- Therefore, open the menu of the chat on your Facebook website. Click the chat menu in the lower-right corner to open the chat menu it isn’t open already.
Particularly, you will need to use Chrome, Firefox, or Opera. However, video calling is not supported in Internet Explorer, Safari, or Edge.
How to Video Chat on Facebook Using Messenger Video Call
Follow the steps below to video chat on Facebook using Facebook messenger.
- Pick the user you want to video chat with. More so, you can as well choose a person you commonly chat with within the list. Also, you can search through all of your friends by typing the name into the field at the bottom of the list. Facebook video chat currently supports chat with a single person at a time. Furthermore, Facebook plans to add Group video chat in the future. Also, guide users on How to use the Group Video chat.
- Click the Facebook video chat button. This button looks like one silhouette of a video camera. Particularly, the new window will then appear at the video chat. Particularly, if you are not able to click the video chat button, the recipient is not able to receive video calls.
- Allow Facebook to access your webcam. Therefore, the process for this will vary. This is as a result of the browser you are using. Generally, you will need to click “Allow” or “Share” to allow Facebook to access your webcam.
- Wait for the other person to pick up. The recipient will be notified either through the Facebook website or in the messaging app, depending on their online status. Furthermore, if the user answers your video chat then it will automatically begin.
This is a full tip on the messenger group video call and Facebook group video chat pointing to how you can use the video calling feature.
- Audiomack App – Stream | Download Latest Music | Audiomack Download
- Benefits of Studying Online In 2022 – Top Five Benefits of Studying Online
- Download Google Chrome – Free Download Chrome Latest Version 2022
- Skype – How to Sign in to Your Microsoft Skype Account | Skype for…
- Gmail Sign Up – How to Create a Gmail Account for Free Online