Not everyone know they can switch from one Spotify accounts to another on Alexa without signing out. You actually open up fantastic chances to interact with Alexa, the voice assistant, when you have an Amazon account. You may listen to your favorite playlists as you complete your daily tasks on many music providers that are integrated with Alexa, including Spotify.
Hence, all you need to do to get started is link your Spotify account to your Amazon account. What if you have to switch accounts? We have come up with some steps to help you switch your Spotify accounts on Alexa.
How to Switch Spotify Accounts on Alexa
Once you have registered new Amazon and Spotify accounts, switching accounts is pretty simple. You can switch between user profiles and listen to music from your personal Spotify account. Thus, you must command Alexa to switch to your chosen profile.
Here are the steps on how to switch Spotify accounts on Alexa:
- Simply go to More > Settings > Music & Podcasts > Spotify.
- Then disable the skill and re-enable it to connect your profile to a different Spotify account.
- As easy as that!
Following that, you can issue any Alexa Spotify voice command. Instead of the other household profiles, your Echo will know to play them based on your profile’s Spotify account.
Spotify Alexa-Supported Devices
Spotify is available on the following Alexa devices:
- Amazon Echo.
- Amazon Echo Spot.
- Amazon Echo Show.
- Amazon Echo Dot.
- Amazon Tap.
- Facebook Portal / Portal+.
- Amazon Fire TV Cube.
- All Sonos players.
How to link Spotify to Alexa devices
It is relatively easy to link Spotify to Alexa devices. below are the necessary steps to link Spotify to Alexa using your smart speakers:
- Just open the Amazon Alexa app.
- Click on “More” and then on “Settings.”
- Select “Music & Podcasts” under Alexa preferences.
- Then choose “Link New Service.”
- Finally, select “Spotify” and enter your username and password to access your Spotify Premium account.
That is all! You have successfully linked Spotify to your Alexa device.
How to Set Spotify as Default on Alexa Devices
To use voice commands with Alexa, you must first set Spotify as your default player. Here are the steps to carefully follow:
- Simply launch the Alexa app.
- Tap “More”, then head to “Settings.”
- Choose “Music & Podcasts” from the list of Alexa Preferences.
- Next, choose “Your Default Services.”
- Tap “Spotify,” and then tap on “DONE.”
NOTE: To play podcasts, you must still finish commands with “on Spotify.” After that, you can ask Alexa to play something.
Can you have two Spotify accounts on one device?
Normally, one Spotify account can only be active on one device at once. You would have to log out of one Spotify account and log in with a second account if you wanted to switch between numerous Spotify accounts on the same device.
How do I remove a Spotify account from my Alexa?
Follow the steps below to disconnect Spotify from Alexa-by-Alexa App:
- Launch the Alexa app and select the menu.
- Then go to “Settings.”
- Find and choose “Music & Media” from there.
- After that, select “Spotify” under “Linked Services.”
- Finally, click on “Disconnect”
Is Spotify free on Alexa?
You can now ask Alexa to play music from thousands of free music stations and popular playlists without a subscription thanks to Amazon Music and Spotify Free.
How many accounts can be on Alexa?
There is no limit. Just head to your “Settings” in the Alexa app and choose the name of your Alexa device to manage your devices. Visit https://www.amazon.com/mycd to change the name of your Alexa device if you want.
How do I change my Spotify account without losing my playlists?
Manually Copy a Playlist to a New Spotify Account.
First, copy the URL for the playlist you wish to move. If you have additional playlists, make a copy of each one’s link and store it in your notes. Now sign out of your old account and enter your new account information. Insert the playlist’s link after pasting it into the search field.
How do I change the default music app on the Alexa echo dot?
if you have previously linked your preferred service and need to change the default, carefully follow the steps below:
- Scroll down to the “Manage Your Services” section of the Play tab.
- Click default services.
- For each category, you want to use this service with, hit edit to alter the default services.
There you have it! You have successfully changed the default music app on the Alexa echo dot.