Top Four 10 Best Airline Credit Cards – are you a regular flyer, then there is a need to know the top best airlines credit card. Airline credit cards are very necessary for regular flyers. These credit cards work with airlines to offer rewards specific to that brand when users make use of the card on an airline.
However, Airlines’ credit card offers numerous rewards, miles points, for their eligible frequent flyers. In this article, we want to discuss the top four 10 best airline credit cards.
Top Four 10 Best Airline Credit Cards
An airline credit card can be a huge benefit for frequent flyers, especially if you have accumulated miles to be redeemed. However, to enjoy the traveling perks that come with an airline, you should get a credit card that partners with the airline you travel with often. Let’s see the top four best airline credit cards.
Best Airline Credit Card 2022
There are lots of Best Airlines credit cards in 2022. There are the best credit cards for airline miles with no annual fee, the best airline credit cards for international travel, and lots of credit cards with flight benefits.
Let’s see the best credit cards for airlines below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card is our first airline credit card. With the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card, you earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that allow you to book flights directly via the Chase Travel portal.
Chase points can be used at different airlines and hotel partners. You can use your Chase points at British Airways, JetBlue, Hyatt, and United. Cardholders get 5x points on travel purchases, 2x points on all other travel purchases, and 3x points for dining at restaurants.
- Card users get new bonus points on qualified purchases made within the first three months of account opening.
- Cardholders earn extra points for cardholders on Lyft rides.
- Get extra points for travel and dining.
- You get 1 point for each dollar spent on all purchases.
How to apply
To get this Chase Sapphire preferred credit card, visit www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-benefits Find the apply tab and follow the guide.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Card
The Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card offers a zero introductory for the first year, and after the annual fee of $99.
- Cardholders earn 2x miles on eligible
- Cardholders receive bonus miles when they make eligible purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
- Members get an extra 2 miles on eligible purchases at restaurants and US supermarkets.
- You are qualified when you make eligible Delta purchases and get an extra 2 miles.
- Other purchases will earn you 1 mile per dollar.
- There are no foreign transaction fees when you make a purchase abroad.
- Cardholders can redeem their miles for flights.
How To Apply For Delta SkyMiles® Gold Card
To apply for the Delta Sky Miles card, go to www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/delta-SkyMiles-gold-American-express-card/.
The United Explorer Card
The United Explorer credit card is an airline card issued by Chase Bank. The card offers amazing rewards and benefits.
- New members are entitled to a free introductory annual fee.
- Take advantage of introductory miles on qualifying purchases made within the first three months of membership.
- You’ll earn two miles for every dollar spent on hotels and restaurants.
- Members are also entitled to an extra 2 miles per dollar spent on United.
- Get an extra mile on all other purchases.
How to Apply for the United Explorer Card
To apply online, go to Chase’s website at www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/United/united-explorer-card/travel-benefits.
American Express Delta SkyMiles® Gold Card
The Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card is offered by American Express Bank. It comes with a welcome bonus for new members, plus other amazing perks.
- New cardholders receive welcome miles on eligible purchases within the first three months of membership.
- There’s a free introductory annual fee for the first year of membership.
- Cardholders get 2 extra miles on purchases at restaurants and US supermarkets.
- Delta offers 2 extra miles for every dollar spent on qualified purchases directly with Delta.
How to apply
Go to www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/delta-SkyMiles-gold-American-express-card/ for more information.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
Among the three Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cards offered, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card is the best credit card for airline miles, among others. The credit card has an excellent sign-up bonus, an annual fee, and anniversary points.
The Southwest credit card helps you earn the Southwest Companion Pass, a prized benefit in the airline credit card world. With the pass, you can choose a travel partner to get free tickets (fewer taxes and fees) on all of your itineraries for a full calendar year, plus the remainder of the year in which you earn the pass.
You’ll have to earn 125,000 Rapid Rewards miles in one year, and the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card’s sign-up bonus can get you one step closer to that goal.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- 6,000-anniversary points each year.
- Earn 3X points on Southwest® purchases.
- Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
- Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
- 2 EarlyBird Check-In® each year.
- All points earned count towards Companion Pass®.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Credit score – 720 – 850
How To Apply Now
To apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier credit card, click on this link.
American Express® GOLD Card
With this Amex gold card earn amazing new membership rewards points on qualifying purchases plus other outstanding benefits and perks which include
- New users get 60,000 reward points on their purchases within the first six months of account opening.
- Receive points at restaurant purchases.
- Members get 4 extra points on eligible purchases at US supermarkets.
- With this card, you’ll get three incredible bonus points on flights.
How to Apply
To apply for this card, go to www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/cards/card/gold-card/.
Discover it®Miles -Travel Credit Card
The Discover is issued by Discover Bank. It also comes with amazing perks and benefits for cardholders.
- With Discover it ® miles, there is no annual fee.
- Cardholders earn 1.5x miles on all purchases indefinitely. When you shop for airfare, hotels, groceries, and online, you are entitled to extra miles.
- Miles points do not expire.
- You can redeem your rewards for cash or travel.
How To Apply for Discover it®Miles -Travel Credit Card
For more details, go to their website using the link www.discover.com/credit-cards/travel/.
Chase Freedom Flex℠
Cardholders get 5% cash back in categories that rotate quarterly, up to $1,500 when enrolled, and 5% on travel purchased through There’s a welcome bonus for new members.
- Earn a bonus after you make eligible purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Each quarter that you activate, you will receive cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories. Enjoy the new 5% categories each quarter!
- Cardholders earn cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, the company’s premier rewards program that allows you to redeem points for cash back, travel, gift cards, and more.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card offers cardholders 2 miles per dollar on all eligible purchases and 5 miles per dollar on flights. Capital One’s Venture X rewards travel card is packed with extra points.
- Its annual fee is lower than others in its category.
- Offers annual travel credit and anniversary miles, which can justify the annual fee.
- Miles are easy to earn and easy to use.
- There is a scarcity of domestic airline and upscale hotel travel partners.
- The Capital One lounge network is in its infancy.
- There are no hotel status benefits.
Aeroplan® Credit Card
The Aeroplan credit card offers cardholders 3x points for each dollar spent on groceries and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services. The card also comes with a welcome bonus. The Aeroplan® Credit Card, on the other hand, is an excellent choice for frequent Air Canada passengers who also spend money on food and travel.
- Excellent rewards earning
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Travel benefits, including perks for Air Canada flyers
- Earn after you make eligible purchases in the first 3 months.
- Receive points for each dollar spent on grocery stores, dining at restaurants, and on Air Canada directly.
- The first checked bag is free.
- Get bonus points for every eligible purchase you make in a calendar month.
United Club℠ Infinite Card
The United Club card offers up to 4 miles per dollar earned on United purchases. The travel perks make the card an even better value, with the United Club cardholders alone worth more than the annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- A United Club membership is worth more than the annual fee.
- First and second checked bags are free when you pay for your flight with your card.
- Earn extra miles.
- Earn one mile for every dollar spent on United® purchases, including tickets, Economy Plus, in-flight food, beverages, and Wi-Fi, as well as other United fees.
- Earn miles per $1 spent on all other travel.
- Receive miles per $1 spent on dining, including eligible delivery services.
Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card
The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card is one of the best airline credit cards that offer great perks when you get an airline credit card.
The credit card is designed with a sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus miles with this limited-time online offer. To qualify, make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- LIMITED TIME ONLINE OFFER – 50,000 Bonus Miles!
- Get 50,000 bonus miles plus Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) with this offer. To qualify, make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare™. Every year on your credit card account anniversary, you’ll receive a companion fare that allows you to book a companion flight for $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22). Valid on all Alaska Airlines flights booked on alaskaair.com.
- Free checked bag for you and up to 6 guests on the same reservation—that’s a savings of $60 per person roundtrip!
- Earn unlimited 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases and unlimited 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases. And, your miles don’t expire on active accounts.
- With oneworld® Alliance member airlines and Alaska’s Global Partners, Alaska has expanded its global reach to over 1,000 destinations worldwide, bringing more airline partners and more ways to earn and redeem miles.
- Flexibility with no blackout dates on Alaska Airlines flights when booking with miles or a companion fare.
- Plus, no foreign transaction fees and a low $75 annual fee.
What are the top five major credit cards?
The best credit cards of 2022 are
- Citi Premier® Card: Best for good credit.
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card: Best for fair credit.
- Discover it® Student Cash Back: Best for students.
- Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card: Best for bad credit.
- Petal ® 2 “Cash Back, No Fees” Visa® Credit Card: Best for no credit history.
What credit card is best for SkyMiles?
The Best SkyMiles Credit Cards are as follows:
- Best Overall: Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
- The Best for No Annual Fee: Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card.
- Best for Benefits: Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card.
- Best for Big-Spenders: Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
How do airline credit cards work?
Every time you use an airline-branded credit card to make a purchase, you earn rewards points, usually called “miles.” Those miles get deposited into your account with the airline’s loyalty program, where you can use them to book free flights. Many airline credit cards also come with perks, such as free checked bags, priority boarding, discounts on in-flight purchases, or access to the airline’s airport lounges.