Are you looking for a way to send money to a family member, pay a bill, or conduct a business transaction? Good news! Access Bank provides a variety of secure and quick alternatives for transferring funds.
In this detailed article, we’ll walk you through the numerous methods for transferring funds from your Access Bank account to your Access Bank account or other banks.
We will examine the various channels you can use to transfer money from Access Bank. They include:
- Transfer Using Mobile Banking App.
- Transfer via USSD Code.
- Transfer through Internet Banking.
- Transfer in Person to a Branch.
- International Money Transfers.
Now let’s see how you can use these methods step by step to transfer money
Method 1: Transfer Using Mobile Banking App
Access Bank’s mobile banking app provides an efficient way to transfer funds conveniently. Here’s how:
- Log in to the Mobile Banking App: If you haven’t already, download the Access Bank mobile banking app (From Google Store or Apple Store), install it,
- log in using your credentials.
- Select “Transfer Funds”: Navigate to the “Transfer Funds” or similar section within the app.
- Enter the recipient’s account number or select it from your list of saved beneficiaries.
- Select bank
- Specify the Amount: Input the amount you wish to transfer.
- Add a Description: Include a brief description or purpose for the transfer (for example, “Rent” or “Gift”).
- Check the details for accuracy and confirm the transaction with your PIN or face ID
For security reasons, you may be requested to enter a One-Time Password (OTP) texted to your registered mobile number.
Method 2: Transfer by USSD Code
Access Bank provides a simple USSD code for mobile money transfers. Below is how you use the code to transfer:
- *Dial 901# on Your Mobile Phone: This will bring up the Access Bank USSD menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to select the “Transfer” option.
- Select account
- Enter the recipient’s account number.
- Select bank
- Enter the amount to be transferred in the Amount section.
- Confirm transfer with your pin
Method 3: Internet Banking Transfer
Access Bank’s Internet banking platform provides an easy option for online fund transfers. This is how you go about it:
- Visit Access Bank’s Internet Banking Website https://www.accessbankplc.com/
- log in with your credentials.
- Access the “Transfer” Section: Proceed to the “Transfer” or similar section of the internet banking platform.
- Provide the recipient’s account number
- Select bank.
- Enter the transfer amount and,
- if necessary, a description.
Review the transaction details and, once satisfied, confirm the transfer with your pin or face ID and fingerprint.
Method 4: Transfer in Person at a Branch
If you prefer in-person support, you can visit an Access Bank branch. The bank professionals will walk you through the procedure and ensure that your transfer is carried out successfully.
Method 5: International Money Transfers
Access Bank offers services such as Western Union and MoneyGram for overseas payments. To explore your options and initiate foreign transfers, visit an Access Bank branch or speak with a customer service representative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the frequently asked questions on how to transfer from an access bank and their short answers:
How do I use the mobile app to transfer money from one Access Bank account to another?
Log in to the Access Bank mobile banking app, navigate to the “Transfer Funds” section, and then follow the on-screen prompts to enter the recipient’s account number amount and confirm the transaction.
Can I use the mobile app to transfer money from my Access Bank account to other banks’ accounts?
Yes, you can use the mobile app to transfer money to other banks’ accounts. During the transfer process, enter the recipient’s account number and bank information.
How can I transfer money from my Access Bank account to another Access Bank account using the mobile app?
To transfer within Access Bank, log in to the mobile banking app, navigate to the “Transfer Funds” section, and follow the on-screen prompts to input the recipient’s account number amount and confirm the transaction.
Can I transfer money to accounts in other banks from my Access Bank account using the mobile app?
Yes, you can transfer money to accounts in other banks using the mobile app. Input the recipient’s account number and bank details during the transfer process.
Is there a fee for using the USSD code for transfers?
Access Bank may charge a fee for using the USSD code for transfers, depending on the transaction type and volume. You can check with the bank for the most up-to-date fee information.
What information must I provide to transfer to another bank account successfully?
To transfer money to another bank account, you typically need
- the recipient’s account number,
- bank name,
- and other relevant details.
Double-check the information for accuracy to ensure a successful transfer.
Is it possible to reverse or cancel a transfer after initiating it?
In most cases, you cannot reverse or cancel a transfer once it has been initiated. It’s crucial to review the transaction details carefully before confirming the transfer.
What should I do if I encounter issues during a transfer or need assistance?
If you encounter issues during a transfer or need assistance, contact Access Bank’s customer service for guidance and support. They can help you resolve any concerns or challenges you may face during the transfer process.
Access Bank has several methods for transferring funds, whether you want to use the mobile banking app, a USSD code, internet banking, or need assistance in person at a branch.
They also provide international money transfer services. Select the option that best meets your needs, as this article provides, and enjoy the ease of safely transferring funds with Access Bank.