USSD Banking is another name for the Access Bank Transfer Code. Customers can undertake a wide range of banking transactions using their mobile phones, giving unmatched convenience.
We’ll show you how you can activate Access Bank Transfer Code and take control of your banking experience in this step-by-step guide.
The Access Bank Transfer Code is ready to use once you have registered and activate your PIN. There is no need to visit a bank or fill out documents. It’s as simple as dialing a phone number.
How to Create or Activate an Access Bank Transfer Code
Make sure the phone number associated with your Access Bank account is active and registered with the bank before you begin. If it isn’t, contact the bank or go to a branch to change your information.
To create the Access Bank Transfer Code:
- Dial *901# from your registered phone number.
- Select the desired transaction type, for example, transfer.
- Choose Create a pin either with an ATM card.
- If you choose to create with a debit card, you need to input the last 6-digits of your debit card.
- If you choose to create without a debit card, Enter your account number
- And create your 4-digit PIN.
You will receive a confirmation message on your mobile phone once the activation process has been completed successfully.
This notification shows that your Access Bank Transfer Code (USSD code) has been activated and is ready for use.
Now that you’re all set up, let’s look at the various transactions you can carry out using this code. With Access Bank.
How to Use Access Bank Transfer Code
Below we talked about various Access bank transfer code and how to use them:
1. Access Bank Transfer Code Transfer Money
To transfer money from one access bank account to another, use the Access bank code *901*1*AMOUNT*Account number#.
The Access bank to transfer code to transfer money from your Access bank account to another bank account, use the USSD code *901*2*Amount*Account number#.
2. Access Bank Code for Account Opening
To open an access bank account in one of its branches, you do not need to fill out a form or wait in line. You can open an account with your phone. Because it is a zero account, there is no need for a minimum balance.
Follow the steps below to open an account with an access bank.
- Dial *901# from the phone number to which you want to link the account.
- Following that, you must provide your personal information (name and surname, address, and any other required information). you can also add your BVN If you have one.
Access Bank will send you an SMS with your account information.
3. Check Account Balance with Bank Code
It is important to note that if you want to use the Access bank code to check your access bank account balance, you must use the phone number associated with your access bank account.
The Access Bank USSD code for checking your account balance is *901*5#. When you
- Dial the USSD code (*901*5#)
- you will receive an SMS containing your access bank account balance.
Note: When you use the Access bank code to verify your account balance, N10 will be debited from your account.
4. Access Loan Bank Code
*901*11*1# is the Access bank code for obtaining a loan. Simply dial this access bank USSD code for a loan and follow the instructions.
5. Access Bank Code to Purchase Airtime and Recharge Others
To purchase airtime using Access Bank,
- enter *901*amount#, for example, *901*500#.
The access bank USSD code for purchasing airtime or recharging others is
- *901*Amount*Phone Number#, for example, *901*500*07047645571#.
Don’t forget to enter this access bank code into the phone number you used to open your Access Bank Account.
6. Access bank code to check your account number
If you need your phone number quickly, you can use the access bank USSD code to check your account number.
- Dial *901# on the phone number associated with your Access bank account.
- Choose 4 – Other services
- Then, choose 4 – Enquiry Services.
- Enter 3 – Account number Enquiry next.
- You will next be prompted to input your ATM card number.
- Input the last six digits of your ATM card number and hit submit to see your Access bank account number.
7. BVN Access Bank Code
*565*0# is the Access bank code for checking your BVN (Bank Verification Number). You will only need this code to check your BVN on your access bank account.
8. To Block your ATM card
- enter your bank’s code.
- *901*11# is the code for blocking your access bank ATM card. Any phone number can be used to disable the ATM card.
However, you must supply the phone number you used to register for your access bank account as well as your PIN number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the frequently asked questions on how to activate access bank transfer code and their short answers.
Is there a cost for using Access Bank’s USSD code?
Access Bank may impose a fee for some USSD transactions, such as financial transfers to other banks. For information about USSD transaction fees, contact the bank or visit their official website.
Can I use Access Bank’s USSD code when traveling?
Access Bank’s USSD code can usually be used when abroad, but international roaming costs may apply. Check with your mobile service provider for details on roaming fees.
What should I do if I forget my USSD PIN?
If you forget your USSD PIN, you may need to call Access Bank’s customer service or visit a branch to reset or recover your PIN.
With Access Bank’s Transfer Code activated on your mobile device, you’re now equipped to perform a wide range of banking transactions at your convenience, anytime and anywhere.
Say goodbye to long queues and time-consuming trips to the bank. Take control of your finances with Access Bank’s USSD Banking service.