Keeping track of your bank account balance is an important aspect of financial management. It assists you in avoiding overdrafts, tracking your spending, and maintaining your financial health.
Access Bank, one of Nigeria’s leading financial institutions, offers several convenient methods for checking your account balance. We’ll walk you through the various methods for checking your Access Bank account balance.
Ways to Check your Access Bank Account Balance
There are various ways you can choose to check your Access bank account balance. Access Bank offers a selection of easy methods for checking your account balance that meet a variety of your preferences and needs. They include:
- Mobile banking app.
- USSD Code.
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
- Internet Banking.
How to Check Using Mobile Banking App
The Access More App is an application for smartphones that allows Access Bank customers to carry out many different types of transactions on their phones. To check your account balance using the Access More App, follow these steps:
- On your mobile device, download and install the Access More App. The app can be downloaded from Google Play for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Access Bank account information. If you are a new user, you must register for the app by entering your Access Bank account number and other required information. After successfully logging in, you will be directed to the app’s homepage.
- Once logged in, go to the app’s homepage and select the “Accounts” tab. There are several tabs on the app’s homepage, including “Accounts,” “Transfers,” “Bills,” “Airtime,” and others. Click on the “Accounts” tab to view your account balance. This will take you to a page with a list of all the accounts related with your Access Bank profile.
- Choose the account for which you want to check the balance. Select the account for which you want to check the balance from the list of accounts displayed on the “Accounts” page. To avoid confusion, if you have multiple accounts linked to your Access Bank profile, make sure you select the correct account.
- The balance of your account will be displayed on the screen. Your account balance will be displayed on the screen once you have selected the account. You can see your available balance as well as any pending transactions or account holds.
How to Check your Access Account Balance Using USSD Code
To use the bank’s USSD code, you must first register your mobile phone number with them. Check that your registered number is associated with your bank account number. To sign up for Access Bank’s USSD code service, follow the steps below.
Using a USSD code, Access Bank provides a quick and easy way to check your account balance. To do this follow these simple steps
- On your mobile phone, enter *901*5# and dial.
- Enter your Access Bank debit card’s last four digits.
- You will receive a message with your account balance.
How to Check Your Account Balance at Access Bank Using an ATM
You can also check your Access Bank account balance at any Access Bank ATM near you. Follow these steps to check your account balance at an ATM:
- Enter your Access Bank ATM card into the ATM.
- Please enter your four-digit PIN.
- Choose “Balance Enquiry” from the menu.
- The balance of your account will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check Access Bank Account Balances Using Internet Banking
Customers can use Access Bank’s internet banking platform to perform a variety of banking transactions, including checking their account balances. Follow the steps below to check your account balance using internet banking:
- Enter your account information to Access Bank’s internet banking platform. Simply use your computer or mobile device to navigate to https://ibank.accessbankplc.com. Log in with your account information.
- Choose the account for which you want to check the balance. If you have multiple bank accounts, make sure you choose the correct account for which you want to check the balance.
- The screen will display your account balance.
Common Mistakes Made when Checking the Balance of an Access Bank Account
It can be difficult to check your account balance on your mobile phone. You may encounter difficulties that prevent you from easily accessing the service. You may encounter the following errors:
Invalid Password or PIN
Choose a secure password that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess. Before submitting mobile banking transactions, double-check your password or PIN.
Inadequate Network Connectivity
When attempting to check your balance via mobile banking, ensure that you have a strong internet connection. If you don’t have a good connection, consider moving to a better-covered area or using a different network. Out-of-date software:
If you try to check your balance from your mobile banking app and it fails, double-check that you entered the correct account information. Also, keep in mind that it may take a few seconds for the system to process your request. If it keeps failing, contact Access Bank customer service for assistance.
What information do I need to use the Access Bank mobile app to check my account balance?
You must have the Access Bank mobile app installed on your device and log in with your Access Bank online banking credentials, including your username and password, to check your account balance.
What should I do if the balance on my Access Bank account is incorrect?
If you notice any discrepancies in your Access Bank account balance, contact Access Bank’s customer service right away to resolve the problem.
Can I check the balance of my Access Bank account from abroad?
Yes, you can check your Access Bank account balance from anywhere in the world using the mobile app or internet banking.
As long as you have an internet connection and access to the relevant services. However, if you use your mobile data or international data services, be aware of any roaming charges that may apply.
Remember that checking your account balance on a regular basis is a responsible financial practice that can help you manage your finances effectively and avoid any unexpected overdrafts or account issues.