Today, a number of Funimation subscribers would like to save movies or TV series so they may watch them offline. To download any episodes of your favorite anime on Funimation, you will probably need to pay for the Funimation subscription that offer that feature.
No matter where you are in the world, anime fans can create an account to watch anime online and offline using the Funimation Now app on smartphone. Although Funimation offers cross-platform streaming, its developers have only made downloads available on the mobile app (Android and iOS).
How to Download Episodes on Funimation
Funimation is one of the ideal anime streaming sites for those who are obsessed with anime. Moreover, the download functionality has been added to the Funimation Now apps, allowing users to store anime episodes in the library for offline viewing. By downloading the anime of your choice, you can get around the problem of buffering streams.
To begin with, confirm that the app is downloaded on your smartphone. If it not, you can visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, depending on your device, to download it.
Follow the instructions below if you want to download an episode on Funimation Now app:
- Tap on the app’s icon to start it after downloading and installing it. If you can’t access the Funimation where you live, we recommend using a VPN to get around the geolocation restriction.
- Now, go to the “Search” icon in the top-left corner of the screen to search the episode you wish download on the Funimation library.
- From your search result, locate the episode you want to download.
- At the bottom-right corner of the episode contains a purple “Download” button, click it to access it (down arrow icon).
- As soon as the download begins, the icon will switch from an arrow to a square. Look at the circle surrounding the square to keep track of the progress of the download.
- The circle turns purple and moves in a clockwise direction as the download progresses. Once the circle is completed you are free to go offline.
How to access your downloaded file depends on the device you are using:
- For Android user, you need to go back to your “Home” screen. Then click on the three horizontal line icon (menu bar) locate at the top right corner of your screen. And select “On My Device” under the “My Library” section.
- For iOS user, all you need to do, it to simply tap on “My Anime” at the bottom on your screen after downloading. Then head to “Downloads” tab. There you go.
You can find the downloaded anime on your respective mobile devices after following these steps. Now, you watch the anime wish offline.
NOTE: Before you start to download ensure you have a stable internet connection. Also keep in mind that not all videos may be viewed offline and that you can only download 13 episodes at once.
3 Things You Should Know to Download Funimation Videos
Consider the following tips to download any Anime Episodes on Funimation:
- Only iOS, Android, and tablet devices allow you to download Funimation videos, despite the fact that Funimation is available on many different platforms.
- Only subscribers to Premium Plus ($7.99 per month) or Premium Plus Ultra ($99 per year) can download Funimation videos. When purchasing a video on Funimation, free users must redeem the Digital Copy code in order to download it to their device.
- Funimation only allows for a maximum of 13 simultaneous downloads.
Following these tips, I bet you can successfully download any episode you want on Funimation.
There is a big selection of anime episodes and movies on Funimation Now App. Some anime episodes occasionally are exclusively available to view on Funimation. You can watch these in either English dubbing or Japanese dubbing with English subtitles.
Although, many people are searching for a universal fix that applies to all Funimation videos due to the limitation of the Funimation download option. We recommend using this method to download any episode you wish to download on Funimation.
Why can’t I download episodes on Funimation?
You might be using a device that isn’t compatible with this feature or you might not have enough storage space if Funimation won’t download offline videos. A free subscription or an out-of-date app may also be to blame.
Can you download episodes on Funimation for free?
Actually, you can’t. Even with the $5.99/month Funimation premium package there is no downloading option available.
How long can you watch Funimation for free?
Funimation offers a free trial grants access to all of Funimation’s premium features, including early access to dubbed and subbed episodes, expanded libraries of anime titles, and exclusive OVA episodes valid only for 14 days (two weeks).
Are three any free anime on Funimation?
You may watch a number of anime without a subscription by streaming them for free with advertisements on the Funimation website. Stone, Hunter x Hunter, and Kaguya-sama: Love Is War are just a few.