Nigeria’s current economic situation has caused many people to look for ways to supplement their income. Being a POS agent is one of the most popular ways for people to earn extra money.
Essentially, learning how to become a POS agent and working as one is one of the simplest and most convenient ways to earn a living while serving your community. Here’s everything you need to know about working as a Paga POS agent.
About Paga POS machine
A Paga POS machine is a device that allows merchants to accept card payments from their customers. The device is a Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal that accepts debit, credit, and prepaid card payments.
The Paga POS terminal is designed to be compact, portable, and simple to use, making it ideal for small businesses and individuals in need of a dependable payment solution.
The Paga POS runs on a reliable and safe network, ensuring that transactions are processed quickly and securely.
The machine also accepts a variety of payment methods, including Mastercard, Visa, and Verve. Customers can use their preferred payment method to pay for goods and services as well as transact with merchants.
Why Should You Use a Paga POS Machine?
Some of the advantages of using Paga POS are as follows:
- Transaction confirmation in real time.
- Reporting and analysis in real time.
- It has an easy-to-use dashboard.
- It is very affordable.
- Excellent customer service.
- Transactions that are secure and trustworthy.
What are the requirements to become a Paga Agent?
You must meet certain requirements before learning how to become a POS agent. They are as follows:
1. You must hold an influential position in your community and have access to a large number of people. If you already have a business that provides services to a large number of customers, this should be easy.
2. Your reading, writing, and communication abilities should be adequate.
3. You must be familiar with smart devices such as Android phones and iPhones.
4. One of the most important criteria is customer friendliness. You must be customer-friendly.
5. Finally, you must be available to attend the Paga agent training. Essentially, this training is organised for beginners who plan to become agents.
How do I go About Becoming a POS Agent?
The registration process for Paga POS agents is simple and quick. To learn how to become a Paga agent, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.mypaga.com.
- Then, select the “become a Paga agent” option. You will be redirected to another page by the platform. This page describes the responsibilities, opportunities, and rewards of working as a Paga agent.
- Locate the “Agent Interest” form on the right side of the page.
- Finally, fill out the form with your information. After that, double-check the accuracy of your information.
- Finally, submit your information and wait for a response from the Paga team.
Another simple way to register is to send an email to [email protected]. Following this, the Paga team will contact you.
What documents am I required to provide in order to become a Paga Agent?
- A Paga account that is active.
- A valid Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- A valid form of identification, such as a voter’s card, national ID card, driver’s license, or international passport, must be presented.
- The most recent utility bill.
Once you have all of this information, you can apply for a Paga POS machine.
What is the cost of becoming a Paga POS agent?
It is free to become a Paga agent. However, if you require a POS terminal, Paga will charge you N30,000. This is a one-time payment for the purchase of the Paga POS machine. That is, you will not be charged a monthly or renewal fee once you begin using it.
Paga POS Charges
Like all other POS terminal providers, charges merchants on every transaction. The following are the Paga POS charges:
- 0.55% for cash withdrawals of up to N20,000.
- N30 flat rate applies to all cash deposits to any Nigerian bank.
Is the Paga POS machine free of charge?
No, the Paga POS machine does not come for free. Paga POS was purchased for N30,000.
Does Paga pay their agent on a monthly basis?
Every transaction that Paga POS agents complete earns them money, which is automatically credited to their Paga account.
What are the Paga POS withdrawal fees?
Paga POS withdrawal fees are 0.55% on all transactions. However, depending on the amount of the withdrawal, it may go higher or lower.
How do I become a Paga POS representative?
To become a Paga POS agent, you must first register on the Paga website and provide the necessary documentation. When your application is approved, you will be assigned an aggregator who will provide you with training and support.