How to Automate Tasks in Windows. To a lot of people, a desktop PC or a laptop is an indispensable tool. Whether it’s keeping in touch with family and friends or switching off at the end of a long day, or getting work done, a device running Windows can do it all. Through this page, you will be able to automate tasks in Windows.
How to Automate Tasks in Windows
Speaking of how to automate tasks in Windows, to make everything run smoothly, Windows automates many maintenance tasks in the background, in the cloud, checking for updates and removing temporary files. A tool that can also be customized with scripts of your own, it relies on the Task Scheduler.
Well, it is mostly basic. This can be used to open certain apps when specific criteria are met. But it is more advanced, with the ability to run almost any command you’d run in Windows PowerShell.
How to Automatically Open Any App on Windows
Here are the steps you need to take to automatically open any app in Windows:
•Find and install the Task Scheduler app.
• In the left pane, right-click ‘Task Scheduler Library,’ then select ‘new Folder.’Give it a meaningful name and hit enter.
• Expand the ‘Task Scheduler Library’ folder, then select your newly created folder by double-tapping it. Right-tap anywhere on the blank table and choose “Create Basic Task”.
• Then give the task a meaningful name – in this example, it’s’ File Explorer Launcher ‘– then click ‘Next’.
• From the next screen, choose how often you want the task to run and tap on “Next.”
• Specify the start time and date, then choose how often you want it to repeat and click ‘Next’.
• From the next screen, make sure ‘Start a program is selected (the other options are no longer supported by Microsoft) and choose ‘Next’
• Tap the ‘Browse’ button next to the ‘Program/script box and locate the.exe file for the specific app you want to open. The “system32” app will launch by default, but the file you’re looking for might be within “Windows” instead.
• There is no need to fill out the optional fields; simply click ‘Next,’ then ‘Finish’ to confirm.
Once that is done, the app will now open at a specific time or as soon as possible after your device is turned on. Well, it can be repeated as many times as you’d like.
How to automatically run a command in Windows
You can set Windows to carry out more complex tasks automatically, that is, if you are willing to put in some time and effort. However, any command that works in Windows PowerShell can be automated. Here, you are still setting windows to automatically lock your device at 6 pm each workday. This is an easy way to signal that you should stop working without risking losing any of your work.
• Repeat steps 1–5 as necessary.
• Right-click your newly created folder and choose ‘Create Task,’ then name your file something meaningful. In this example, we’re going for ‘windows auto-lock.
• Below ‘Security options’, make sure the admin account is selected to run the task and decide whether you want it to just run when logged in or not.
• Choose the ‘Triggers’ tab from the top of the window, then select ‘New’.
• From the drop-down next to ‘Begin the task’, choose ‘On a schedule’ (unless you’re going for something more complicated)
•As with the basic command, specify a start time and frequency.
• Select any of the advanced settings you want, then click ‘OK.’
• Click ‘New’ after selecting the ‘Actions’ tab at the top of the window.
• Make sure ‘Start a program is selected, then type in your script.To lock the device, it’s “rundll32.exe. For many other commands, choose “PowerShell”.
• Enter the rest of the command you’d normally enter into Windows PowerShell in the box next to ‘Add arguments.’In this example, it’s’ user32.dll, Lock WorkStation’. Tap ‘OK’, then ‘OK’ again to save it.
That is all you have to automatically run a command in Windows.
Frequently Asked Questions
What tool is used for automating tasks?
One of the most comprehensive automation tools available is Zapier, and it’s a top choice for small and large businesses alike.
What is the simplest form of automation?
Well, the simplest form of automation is setting up workflows and supporting automation Workflows are crucial in business because they help automate tasks, processes, and approvals. They can also be used to manage and monitor projects.
How do we schedule the task on the computer?
The Task Scheduler enables you to automatically perform routine tasks on a chosen computer. The task scheduler does this by monitoring whatever criteria you choose (referred to as triggers) and then executing the tasks when those criteria are met.
What is basic automation?
The dictionary defines automation as “the technique of making an apparatus, a process, or a system operate automatically.” We define automation as “the creation and application of technology to monitor and control the production and delivery of products and services.”