Working with two applications simultaneously on your iPad is quite interesting. By dividing your screen into resizable views, you can launch two windows or applications from a single app. If you split your Apple iPad device into two screen, in other to multitask, you can easily close it when you are done.
With this handy function, you may multitask without switching between apps and successfully surf a website, view a video, or check your emails. Now let’s consider some steps on how close split screen on iPad.
How to Close Split Screen on iPad
Maybe you’re done working using this feature or you want to restore the full screen. Well, you can simply follow the steps below to close the split screen on your iPad.
- Tap the “Home” button while in a split-screen session.
- The sizes of all open apps will be shown up in small sizes except for the app you require on full screen, swipe all the others up.
- All open apps should be closed, leaving only one.
- Then finally tap on the App to view it in full-screen mode.
You can only use these steps if your iPad comes with a home button.
How to Close Split Screen on iPad (Using the Split Screen Divider)
You can keep only one application open in full-screen mode by closing the split screen. Follow the steps provided below to do so:
- Choose the app you want to run in full-screen mode.
- The two apps are separated by a black line. Then tap and hold on to the split screen divider in the middle of the two apps.
- Then drag the controller off the screen in the direction of the app that you would like to close.
- Now, remove your finger when one of the two apps vanishes from the iPad screen.
This is how to close the split screen on your iPad using the split screen divider.
How to Close Split Screen on iPad (By disabling the feature)
All eligible iPads, excluding those running iPad OS 15, can be disabled split screen using the instructions below:
- Launch the iPad’s Settings app.
- After that, click on “Tap Home screen & Dock” in the navigation pane on your left.
- The right-side navigation pane will expand to reveal “the Home screen & Dock menu.”
- By moving the “Radio” button to the left, you may disable the “Allow Multiple Apps” option.
That should end the current split-screen session and prevent any more from occurring in the future.
Which iPad Models Support Split Screen?
The following Apple iPad models support split-screen multitasking with other apps or split-screen browsing in Safari:
- iPad Air 2.
- iPad Mini 4.
- iPad Pro.
- And later models of iPad.
The split screen capability is not available on iPads that are older than those stated above.
Why can’t I go Full screen on iPad?
Go to Settings, then select “Display.” click Apps with full screen. If the three dots at the top of the screen aren’t visible, it simply means your device probably doesn’t support Split View or Multitasking.
Where is Multitasking in settings on iPhone?
With the iPhone, you can turn multitasking on or off. Just go to Settings > Home Screen & Dock > Multitasking.
How do I stop the horizontal split screen on Windows?
Simply tap on CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow and your Windows desktop should return to landscape mode.