How to Delete or Deactivate your Facebook Account: As we all know, Facebook is the biggest social media platform in the world, but it is currently known as “Meta”. This platform has many people’s wants and desires, making it a perfect place for people and business associates to meet up with others.
Unfortunately, for some people, the platform is not giving them what they want or they are unsatisfied with some terms and conditions of the platform, which makes them feel uneasy, and there are some things which make them not use this platform. Which result in making them to delete or deactivate their Facebook account.
What is the difference between Deleting or deactivating your Facebook Account?
If you have decided on leaving the platform, these are the process in permanently or temporarily deactivating your Facebook account. Please keep in mind that this is a very crucially situation. So please, choose wisely
How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
If you have made the decision of deactivating your Facebook account, you have temporarily shut down your account from the general public (as far as even your friends on Facebook), they will not be able to search for your name or profile.in this sense they may be, some things that might still be open to you.
- You can reactive your account at any time
- You will still have access to your pictures, video and your friends
- Recent messages will still be seen or accessed by the other user
- You will not be able to control or mange your page or group if you are the only one in control, so please remember to put some in charge of the page or group before deactivating your account
Steps to follow if you want to deactivate your Facebook account.
- Login in to your Facebook account
- Click on the three-line menu bottom on the home page of your Facebook account
- Scroll until you see you see “setting and privacy” and click on “setting”
- Click on “account and ownership and control”, then click on “deactivating and deleing”
- Then select “Deactivate Account” and tap on “Continue to Account Deactivation”. Then follow the process to continue.
How to Delete your Facebook Account
- If you have also decided to permanently delete your Facebook account, they are some things that you not be able to do or access
- It will not be possible for you to revive your account.
- Everything you have added, including your profile, pictures, posts, videos, and other content, will be permanently removed. Everything will be lost.
- Facebook Messenger will not be available to you any longer.
- Facebook Login cannot be used for any other apps that you may have downloaded using your Facebook credentials. To retrieve those accounts, you might have to get in touch with the apps or websites.
- Even after you’ve deactivated your account, some data, such as messages you sent to other users, might still be accessible to them.
Steps to follow if you want to delete your Facebook account.
- Log into your Facebook account to kick off your virtual journey.
- Click on the three-line menu at the bottom of your Facebook home page to reveal the path forward.
- Scroll until you find “Settings and Privacy.” Click on it to unveil the hidden settings.
- opt for “Account and Ownership Control” to manage the fate of your digital presence.
- Click on “Deactivating and Deleting” to face the crucial decision point.
- Select “Delete Account” to execute the ultimate command.
- Tap on “Continue to Account Deletion” to confirm your digital farewell and complete the process.
How to get Information from your Facebook Account
Note that it is advisable to download your information before you delete or deactivate your Facebook account.
- Choose the profile from which you wish to obtain the data.
- On Facebook, click the upper right corner.
- Navigate to Settings. Select “Settings” from “Settings & Privacy” by swiping down.
- In the Accounts Center, select “See more” and then “Your information and permissions.”
- Select the option to “Download your information.”
- Make a download request. In the end, select “Request a download” to obtain the needed data.
What does a deactivated Facebook account look like?
Once you deactivate your account, your friends will see that they can no longer access your profile. however, without a profile picture, they can still see your name on their list of friends. Furthermore, you won’t be able to use your Facebook account to access Oculus products or information.
How can I Deactivate my account on Facebook Lite app?
These are the steps to follow if you want to deactivate your Facebook account on Facebook lite app
- Select Settings by clicking on the menu bar, drop-down arrow.
- It will display the Settings page. Tap on Manage Account.
- To deactivate your account, click.
- Choose a justification for the account’s deactivation.
- Click on Deactivate Now.
- And now the account has been deactivated
How long can I deactivate my Facebook?
30 days, this is the time limit for your Facebook account and all your information to be permanently deleted, and you won’t be able to retrieve your information. To completely remove anything you’ve posted, the deletion procedure could take up to 90 days.
Can you receive messages even after deactivating your Facebook account?
Once your Facebook account is deactivated, you can continue to use Messenger. Messenger won’t allow you to revive a deactivated Facebook account, but your friends can still message you on Facebook Messager.