As a regular subscriber to Funimation, you might wonder why you even need to download the Funimation app when you can just stream it online. Well, downloading the Funimation app exposes you to more features that you cannot find on the Funimation website.
You can download and watch anime content offline through the Funimation app. The Funimation download process is actually cost-free and flexible. To learn how to download using the app, we urge you to keep reading.
How to Download on Funimation App
Funimation as one of the top platforms for anime streaming services, manages the fantasy world with unmatched context and conviction. Funimation has over 2.5 million subscribers and 15,000 watching hours of anime content.
Downloading and installing the Funimation app is probably the best way to download from this streaming platform. The “Funimation Now” app is available to both Android and iOS user. You should use a VPN to get around the geolocation restriction if it happens you live in a region where Funimation is not available.
After installing the Funimation App follow the instructions below to download any anime episodes:
- Launch the Funimation App and head to the “Explore Amazing Anime” page and then select “Sign in.”
- On the Funimation form that has shown, enter your login details to access your account. After typing in your password, click the “box” to highlight the information. Then, select the purple “login” button to see the account homepage.
- Next, go through the entire Funimation catalog by selecting the “Menu” button in the top-left corner of your screen to search for videos to download. Choose the “menu” option, then click the “All Show” button.
- Click the “search” icon in the upper right corner of the provided page, then type the name of the anime you want to download into the search field.
- From your search result, select the anime video you wish to download to launch the entire series.
- Now, scroll down the screen to see the episode list for the anime you have chosen. Search for the particular episode that you wish to download.
- Finally, click on the “Download” icon to start the download. It is represented with an arrow.
- Go back to the ” Menu” option that is displayed in the top left corner of the screen to find the downloaded video on your device.
- Select “My Library” from the “Menu” option. Then, select “On My Device Option” to see the anime you downloaded.
NOTE: To access the Funimation download function, you must subscribe to the premium $7.99/month plan.
Common Issues Affecting Funimation Downloads?
Considering how simple the Funimation downloading processes appear to be, a few frequently occurring issues greatly annoy its users.
- Sometimes audio-video format issues appear, preventing the download of subtitles.
- Beyond 256kbps, the audio quality drops to 128kbps.
- Sometimes there are issues with picture resolution when downloading anime.
- Even if you had a VPN installed on your device, you couldn’t access other regions.
Despite that, you can reinstall the Funimation app or test the speed of your broadband connection to fix the problem with your Funimation downloads.
What is on Funimation to watch?
Funimation offer huge catalog of anime content to keep you stay tune. It allows all its users to watch and download new anime releases. Funimation is actually a great site to watch popular anime content such as:
- My Hero Academia (super-series).
- Demon Slayer (fantasy).
- Grimgar, Ashes and Illusions (fantasy/isekai).
- Honorable mentions.
- Fairy Tale (super-series).
- Cowboy Bebop (action-adventure).
- Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (slice of life).
- March Comes in Like a Lion (slice of life).
- Attack on Titan (action-adventure).
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica (thriller/horror).
- Dangaronpa (mystery/thriller).
- Toradora! (romance).
- Tsukigakirei (romance).
- Gurren Lagann (mecha).
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (mecha).
These is the least of the popular anime content that Funimation offers online.
Although the Funimation app can be accessed on a broad range of operating devices, only iOS, Android, and tablet users can download Funimation videos.
You can watch anime videos offline as part of a membership plan on Funimation. I bet this is an ideal way to save or download your favorite anime episodes.
Can I download shows on Funimation app?
Actually, you can! You can download many of the ad-free videos you may view on your iOS, Android, or tablet device if you have a Premium Plus or Premium Plus Ultra subscription. Not every video is accessible for download.
Why can’t I download episodes on Funimation app?
You may be using a device that isn’t compatible with this feature or you might not have enough storage space if Funimation won’t download offline videos. A free subscription or an out-of-date app may also be to blame.
Is anything free on Funimation?
Yeah! A section of Funimation’s video library is actually available for free with ads in 1080p. To get the full experience, you will need to sign up for one of three subscription plans that Funimation offers.
Which is the cheapest plan available on Funimation?
The first plan obviously the least expensive premium plan. Th premium plan costs $5.99 per month or $59.99 annually. With this plan, you have ad-free access to all the series in both their subtitled and dub editions.