One of the ways to keep an efficient workflow as a designer is through the Figma tool. With it, you can create absolutely anything including websites, logos, applications, and many more. But does Figma download images? Of course, there are many alternatives available if you wish to download a design you have developed in Figma.
Figma Download Images
You can quickly save whole designs like web pages and banners as cohesive images or PDFs, download backups of your entire project, download specific design components as separate files, and more with the Figma design tool.
PNG, JPG, GIF, PDF, and SVG are just a few of the file types that Figma allows exporting to. Well, to download an image on Figma, please carefully follow the steps outlined below.
- First, choose the frame that you wish to save as a picture in the “Layers” section of the left menu.
- Then head to the “Export” section under the “Designer” tab, and click on the “+” icon.
- Tap on the drop-down arrow in the Export section, to access the drop-down menu. Choose the image file type to export after that.
- Then click on “Export.”
- Finally, select a file location and type in a file name from the “Save As” window that will come up.
These are the steps to download an image on Figma. By choosing the picture file type you want to export your design, you can specifically select frames to download as images in your design canvas.
How to Download a Project as a PDF on Figma
You can use Figma’s PDF export feature to create a high-quality PDF with each frame on its own page if you created a full prototype and want to store it that way.
Here is how:
- Start by launching your project file on Figma.
- Then drag a selection box to all the areas of the frame in your design to select all frames you want to download.
- Or hold down your “Shift key” while clicking each frame will allow you to select multiple frames.
- After that, click on the Figma menu located at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the list of options provided, click on the “File” menu.
- Then click the “Export frames to PDF” located at the bottom menu. This process usually takes some minute or seconds depending on how many frames is.
- Simply choose a location for it to be saved, then click Save If the download doesn’t start automatically.
How to Download a Local copy of your Project on Figma
Do you know that Figma has its own Figma’s.fig format to download a local copy of your project? This is very useful especially if you want to open your project while working offline or if you want to include your Figma designs in your regular backups.
Here is how to do it:
- Start by launching your project on Figma.
- At the upper left corner of your screen, you will see an “F” icon that is the Figma menu, click on it.
- Now, proceed by selecting the “File” menu from the Figma menu.
- Then click on “Save local copy.”
- Finally, name the file and then save it by clicking the “Save” button.
There you have it! You have successfully saved a local copy of your project in Figma’s own fig format.
Is Figma used for UI or UX?
Yes! It is a fantastic design software for UI, UX, and prototyping. When you consider the functionality and skill level needed, this tool can sketch. Furthermore, it is cloud-based and concentrates on collaboration.
Does Figma need coding?
No! Everyone can use the design tool Figma, regardless of their level of coding knowledge. You may use Figma to develop designs for your website or app and export them as files that are ready to be coded.
What can I design with Figma?
Figma may be used to create landing pages, apps, website pages, and more. You may also discover several free templates if you don’t want to start from scratch.
Can I use Figma offline?
Absolutely! Figma has an offline version, allowing users with spotty data connectivity to use it. But you won’t have access to all the features that the online platform offers.
Can you create graphics in Figma?
Yeah! You can create a wide range of graphic designs, including icons, illustrations, and illustrations, using Figma’s selection of vector-based drawing tools.