One way to migrate to the US is through employment. The fantastic part is that the employees don’t have to be very professional. You can get jobs as a package delivery carrier in the USA, and you will be paid well for your work. There is always a high demand for package delivery carriers.
Package delivery carriers deliver and transport packages from one place to another until they reach the delivery parcels’ specific addresses.
Package Delivery Job Description
A packaged delivery job involves transporting packages to commercial and residential addresses.
They load and unload packages from the delivery vehicle while ensuring they are delivered in perfect condition and on time.
Package delivery carriers obtain signatures and proof of delivery from the recipient upon delivery while communicating with customers and providing them with excellent customer service.
In the event there are issues with the delivery such as vehicle breakdown the package delivery carrier will report to the supervisor in charge.
They adhere to the company’s delivery requirements which include managing delivery records and completing required paperwork.
Package delivery jobs include driving which means delivery routes should be planned while destinations are navigated using GPS or maps.
Best-paying Jobs to Apply for Package delivery with a Visa Sponsorship
Getting into the US to begin your package delivery jobs, you may be confused about the exact kind of job to do, this is because package delivery jobs have several areas you can choose from. Below are some of the jobs available in package delivery:
Package Delivery Carriers can work as UPS (United Parcel Service) drivers which means they will be responsible for picking up and delivering packages in certain designated areas.
FedEx Package Delivery Driver
Package delivery carriers can work as FedEx (Federal Express) drivers who are solely responsible for delivering packages to businesses in residential areas. FedEx drivers may be required to handle cash transactions and collect payments. They earn from $19.75 per hour and above.
Amazon Delivery Driver
Package delivery carriers can work as Amazon delivery drivers who have the task of picking up and delivering packages to Amazon customers. They earn $19.00- $20.50 per hour which can be considered a s good pay.
DHL Delivery Driver
Package delivery carriers can work as DHL (Daley, Hillblom, and Lynn) drivers with the responsibility of picking up and delivering items to DHL customers.
USPS Mail Carrier
Package delivery carriers can work as USPS (United States Postal Service) Mail carriers are responsible for mail delivery to businesses in residential areas.
Commercial Package Delivery
Package delivery carriers can focus on delivering packages to businesses rather than residences. This kind of delivery service requires that delivery personnel drop packages in a professional manner.
This job involves package delivery carriers driving trucks, carrying packages, contacting customers, and reporting to managers.
On-Demand Package Delivery
Package delivery carriers can focus on on-demand packaged deliveries whereby they deliver items to customers who pay for them.
It involves downloading an app where orders can be placed and received without the customers leaving their homes.
On-demand delivery serves as a bridge between courier companies and customers.
Exclusive Package Delivery
Package delivery carriers can focus on exclusive package delivery where they pick up orders for firms using private transport to deliver their goods.
High-Value Package Delivery
Package delivery carriers can focus on this type of job which involves transporting items of high value. They are usually expensive and as such, handled with care.
Such expensive items include Jewelry, fragile articles, medical equipment, electronics, and others.
The list can go on and on as package delivery carriers have several jobs they can do with very good pay, others include being a parts driver, contract driver, non-CDL Appliance delivery team, and others.
High-paying package delivery companies in the United States
Some companies in the US employ package drivers and they pay their employees extremely well, below are some of the companies:
Hub Group – http://www.hubgroup.com/
The estimated average pay for Delivery drivers at this company in the United States is $21.13 per hour, which is 25% above the national average.
SYGMA Network – https://www.sygmanetwork.com/
The average SYGMA Network Delivery Driver’s yearly pay in the United States is approximately $100,094, which is 95% above the national average.
SYSTEM TRANSPORT – http://www.systemtrans.com/
The average SYSTEM TRANSPORT Truck Driver’s yearly pay in the United States is approximately $90,685, which is 21% above the national average.
Maverick Transportation – http://www.maverickusa.com/
Average Maverick Transportation Delivery Driver’s daily pay in the United States is approximately $141, which is 7% below the national average.
Hogan Transportation – http://www.hogan1.com/
Average Hogan Transportation Truck Driver’s weekly pay in the United States is approximately $1,583, which is 25% above the national average.
Highest-paying cities for Package delivery jobs in the United States
There are cities in the United States that pay package delivery carriers more than others due to the high demand for package delivery jobs in these cities, you can consider moving to these cities if you wish to earn more, below are some of them:
Salt Lake City, UT– They pay $2000 per week
Jacksonville, FL – They pay $1,884 per week
Dallas, TX– They pay $1,856 per week
Chicago, IL– They pay $1,856 per week
Atlanta, GA – They pay $1, 819 per week
Visa For package delivery jobs in the US With Visa Sponsorship
Getting a job as a package delivery carrier in the US as a foreigner will require you to apply for a visa first and several visas are used to apply but it depends on the kind of job you are going for.
Some visa types are suitable for certain professions, the visa type that is suitable for a package delivery carrier is the H-1B Visa.
This is because it is a non-immigrant visa and a nonimmigrant visa allows employers in the US to hire foreigners who have specialized skills.
Where to Apply for Your Package Delivery Jobs Using Visa Sponsorship
Job Search websites
this is the commonly used method where you simply type delivery driver on the search key and you will be able to apply, below are some of the job search websites:
How to Apply for Your Package Delivery Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the US
You can apply for package delivery jobs using your visa sponsorship, by following the steps below:
- You have to apply for available package delivery jobs with visa sponsorship using links, some of the links are listed above
- Make sure you use specific job keywords when searching
- Review the job listings you find and read the descriptions thoroughly
- When you see a job offer you like, send a standard USA application letter alongside a well-structured CV while making sure you follow the instructions.
- Upload your documents on the employer’s website which includes your resume, CV, and cover letter then submit your application
- If you are eligible and lucky enough, your employer will find you suitable, they will therefore write a letter to petition for a scholarship from the United States Citizenship Immigration service
- Once approved you will be sent a letter from your employer in the US which will aid you to apply for the visa type that is suitable for your job.
- Once you have applied you will have to answer the questions and answers on the USA package delivery visa sponsorship interview.
- Prepare for your interview by doing some online research and you will get the job; you can now prepare to travel.
Requirements to Apply for Package Delivery Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
There are certain requirements for package delivery jobs, below are some of them:
- Package delivery carriers must have good driving skills
- Package delivery carriers must have a driver’s license
- Package delivery carriers should have a high school degree at most
- Package delivery carriers should have a proven work experience as a delivery driver
- Package delivery carriers must have good time management skills
- Package delivery carriers must be able to obey all driving rules and company rules
- Package delivery carriers must be able to operate tractors and forklifts in case of extreme weather conditions
- Package delivery carriers should have excellent organizational skills
What are the Benefits of being a Package Delivery Carrier in the US?
There are several benefits and they are listed below:
- You are given insurance in several aspects such as dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and many others.
- You are offered a discount as an employee if you wish to patronize the services of your company
- You are given a fuel card
- You have opportunities for advancement
- You have access to paid training
- You are given paid time off and parental leave
- You are given an amazing retirement plan
- You are given paid sick time, paid orientation, and health savings account
What are the Duties of a Delivery Driver?
Delivery drivers do a lot, below are some of their duties:
- They deliver a wide variety of items to different locations
- They follow the routes and times scheduled for them
- They load and offload delivery vehicles
- They collect payments in some deliveries
- They can be asked to inform clients about their new products and services
- They can complete reports and logs
How Long Can an H-1B Worker Stay in the United States?
A foreign worker with the H1-B is permitted to stay in the United States for a maximum of six years which includes extensions. This visa is valid for 3 years however it can be extended for another 3 years.