Have you heard of the TDF scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate in Nigeria universities 2021/2022?
The petroleum technology development fund (PTDF) is happy to announce and invite students to take part in PTDF national scholarship for undergraduate/postgraduates in Nigeria for undergraduate, master’s, and ph.D, students.
You Should Also See >>> NYSC Online Registration Guide and Requirements for 2021 Batch ‘B’
PTDF is the federal government agency that is provided to build basic human capacity and also provide petroleum technology-related knowledge to meet the needs of oil and gas-related industries.
The scholarship fund invites students who are studying at a federal university in Nigeria to take part in this award. I will advise that you continue reading this article to find out more about the scholarship program.
These are the required procedures to apply for the PTDF national scholarship for undergraduates/postgraduates in Nigeria:
PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements
- Applicants must be admitted to any of the federal universities in Nigeria.
- Applicant must be in their second year of study a
- Applicant must be studying a course that has something to do with oil and gas.
- Applicants should have not less than five credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO Mathematics and the English Language included.
- Possess not less than a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a scale of 5 or a Cumulative Grade point of 3.0 on a scale of 4; this should be equivalent to 2.1 in the first year of study.
- An applicant is expected to provide their transcript for the first year of study.
- The students and their undergraduate levels who make the above requirements are to upload the following documents:
- Evidence WAEC/SSCE/NECO results may be a statement of result with not less than credits, including Mathematics and English Language.
- Letter of admission into the current University.
- First-year academic transcript.
- An Evidence of state of origin and local government.
- Personal statement of not less than a hundred words explaining why you are taking your current course.
- Recent Park passport photographs.
PTDF Ph.D. Scholarships Requirements
- Applicants must be in possession of a full-time admission letter into any of the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
- A minimum of 2.1 (Second Class Upper) in a gas oil and gas-related field or a 2.2 (second class lower) in an oil and gas-related field and working experience of 2 years in an Oil and Gas Industry.
- Possess not less than five credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or an official Letter of exemption.
- Applicants of this Scholarship must be computer literate.
- Letter of admission into the Federal University of not more than a year.
- Academic transcript.
- Evidence of applicant’s state of origin and local government.
- Personal statement of not less than a hundred words explaining why you are taking your current course;
- Recent passport photograph.
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a certificate not less than merit as a second-degree certificate in a discipline related to oil and gas.
- Applicant’s research area must be related to oil and gas or relevant to the field.
- D. research proposal of about five pages and should not be more than six pages to include the topic, introduction, research question(s), literature review, novelty, methodology, expected outcome(s), mode of data collection(s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references.
- You can access the online application form through the link ptdf.gov.ng at no cost. You will get instructions on how to get the online application form on the official PTDF website.
- Applicants for the PTDF undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship are advised to read the requirements before applying. To kick-start, the application process applicants are advised to key in the email address and choose a password for a pin to be generated.
- The generated pin is very important because it will help applicants to access the online form can complete their bio-data.
- The panel In-Excess applicants using the following criteria.
- Academic merit and prowess as shown by the quality of degrees, full-time academic transcripts, including other professional qualifications acquired by the applicant, and relevant publications referenced by applicants.
- Membership of professional bodies plays an important role.
- The viability of the particular study/research plan. This is meant for Ph.D. applicants only.
- Applicants in the three levels are expected to write a personal statement stating the relevance of their study program, and explicitly explaining why they want to seek the particular program they’re studying and the effect it would have on national development.