Showmax is an online subscription video-on-demand service and it was on the 19 of August in South Africa. It is a streaming service that provides you the access to tons of movies, series and lives sport and on-demand. Showmax is unlike a TV channel and it is a video-on-demand streaming service that provides subscribers with access to a huge library of series, documentaries, movies, and kid shows. You can watch all those shows either online or using the show max app. The show max app is available for phones, tablets, smart TVs, media players, and gaming consoles.
Showmax can provide you with live supports like international football matches and rugby world cup highlights. You can access the streaming service on devices with internet connection. These devices could be Smartphone’s, smart TVs, laptops and tablets. The service has month to month subscription for it users. If you can pay for the service you will b able to access the entire show max library to watch what you like. You don’t have to schedule anything on the platform meaning everything on the platform is available to you any time and any day.
Signing up for the streaming platform is very easy and simple. If you are guided correctly, I am sure that within a few seconds you will be done with signing up on the platform. Follow the steps provided below to sign up for showmax.
- Go to the official website at www.showmax.com.
- Click on the sign in button which can be located at the upper right corner of the page.
- On the next page, make sure you click on “don’t have an account” or “sign up”.
- Enter your email address and password correctly on the blank spaces that are provided for you.
- You can also fill in your phone number if you wish to. Phone number is optional.
- Lastly, hit on the sign up button to continue.
How to Start Your Free Trial
You will need to sign up before you will be awarded 14 day to access the entire catalogue for free. Follow these few steps to start using your free trial.
- After signing up, scroll down and hit on the “get started”.
- Choose your cheque or credit card as your payment method. If you are able to cancel before 14 days, nothing will be deducted from you card.
- Fill in your card number, expiry date, surname, name and CVV code. Click on “start your 14 day trial”.
- Stream your favourite TV shows for 14 days free.
- When your free trial has expired, money will be deducted from your card each month for continued access to showmax.
How to Add Showmax to your DSTV Account
All DSTV subscribers with Premium Subscription will get access to showmax as an added-value benefit and you will nit have to pay for it. What you need to do is make sure that showmax is added to your DSTV account. Follow the steps given below on how to do that.
- Go to showmax official website and sign in.
- Locate manage account and then hit on manage subscription.
- Choose “DSTV add to account” as your method of payment.
- Fill in your ID number.
- An OTP code will be sent to your phone number. Used the one time pin in confirming.
- Enter the OTP on the site and accept the terms and conditions given.
- You can now watch your TV shows. Your family can watch as well in up to 5 devices.
Devices that Support Showmax
You can access Showmax on any device that is connected to the internet. Below are some devices that you can choose from when accessing Showmax.
- Phone and tablets.
- Laptop or computers.
- Smart TV.
- Media streaming device.
- DSTV Explora.
What Shows are Available on Showmax?
What makes showmax the best is that you can watch whatever you like anytime you want to. When watching videos on showmax, you will not be disturbed by ads and network interruptions. Showmax is the only standalone service streaming service that offers sports events. Showmax offers international football highlights and Rugby world cup.