Do you want to change your Facebook password but have no idea how to begin? Don’t worry, it’s a simple procedure with a few opportunities based on your circumstances. This article will guide you through changing your Facebook password via the account center or directly from your account’s settings.
It also goes over how to change your password even though you are still not logged in or if you forgot your current one. If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to change and obtain a new Facebook password in a matter of minutes. So, read through carefully for more enlightenment.
How to Change Your Facebook Password in the Account Center
Follow the steps below to change your Facebook password from the account Center:
- To start you have to click on your profile picture in the top right and click on the Settings and Privacy
- Select the Settings
- Click on the Account Center and select the Password and Security
- Select Change Password, then you have to click on the account you would like to update.
- Now you have to enter your current password and then the new password.
- Once you are done, click on the Change Password to complete the process.
NOTE: Currently, this Accounts Center setting is not accessible to all users. Try following the directions below if the ones above are unsuccessful for you.
How to Change Your Facebook Password
To change your Facebook password if you are already logged in, follow the steps outlined below:
- Click on your profile icon at the top right of Facebook.
- Click Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings.
- Now you have to click on the Security and Login
- Select Edit, it’s next Change
- Then enter your current password and new password.
- And finally, click on the Save Changes
If you’re logged in but cannot recall your password, click Forgot your password?, then follow the on-screen directions to reset it by following the steps under Change Your Password. Remember that you need access to the email that is linked to your account.
Or You Can Reset Your Facebook Password
To reset your Facebook password if you are not logged in to your account, then follow the steps below:
- To accomplish these steps you have to visit the Find Your Account Page.
- Type in the email, full name or username, and mobile phone number that is linked with your account, and then click on the Search
- After that, follow all other on-screen instructions to complete your account reset.
You cannot reset your password using the same phone number that you use for two-factor authentication for security reasons. If you ever require a reset of your password, you’ll have to add an additional email or mobile number to your account.
Resetting your Facebook password is a simple and quick process. Simply visit the Facebook website or app, log in, and browse to the settings menu. Utilize the steps in this article and you can expect a positive result.
It’s always an excellent plan to update your Facebook password on a frequent basis to help keep your account secure.