There are many benefits to using an iPhone to record a little video, especially with the iMovie app. You get to record an incident that will go down in meme history, capture a special moment.
Or even provide promotional content for your company or blog. Sometimes, to the change background of your video in iMovie is all you need to make your content stand out.
Well, changing your video background in iMovie is pretty much easy on iPhone. Thus, you can easily change to your desired background within a couple of minutes.
How to Change Background in iMovie on iPhone
After shooting a video with your iPhone, you can change the background with iMovie to make it more captivating to the eyes. Simply follow the steps below to change the background of your video:
- Launch a movie project with the iMovie software on your iPhone.
- Then scroll down the timeline. The Playhead (the white vertical line) should appear where you want to add a background after doing that.
- Now, click the “+” icon to add media, and then click on “Background.”
- After that, tap to select a solid color, gradient, or pattern of your choice, and then hit the “Add to Project” button.
- To change the color of a solid background, go back to the timeline and click the background clip to customize.
- Then tap on the “Color” button at the top right corner of your screen and choose a color from the options available.
And there you go! You have successfully changed the background of your video with iMovie.
Can You Change the Colors of a Gradient or Pattern Background with iMovie?
Absolutely! You can change the colors of a gradient or pattern of your video background in iMovie with your iPhone:
- Open your movie project in the iMovie App on your iPhone.
- Then simply click the background clip you would like in the timeline.
- Immediately after that, just click the “Color” button located at the top right corner of your screen.
- After that, two “Color” buttons will appear in the app to select primary or secondary colors used to generate the gradient or pattern.
- At this point, you can either set the primary background color: just click the first “Color” button on your left the choose any color you prefer from the available options.
- Or set the secondary color: By tapping the second “Color” button on your right and then choose any color from the available options.
This is how you can change the color of a gradient or pattern background on your iMovie app.
How to Change Green Background in iMovie
Many users today are aware that capturing movies in front of a green screen is one of the simplest ways to change the background of films. This entails using a green screen for the background of your video, which may afterward be erased using the iMovie app.
In essence, this makes the iMovie background disappear so you may set your video on a new background.
Here is how to do it:
- To begin, simply launch your iMovie project, and then add a still image or background video to your timeline.
- Make sure that the “Playhead” (the white vertical line), is over your clip and your background.
- Now, tap the “Add Media: button and choose a category from the list.
- Then tap on your green screen clip.
- After that, just tap on the three dots icon that appears on your screen, and then choose “Green/Blue.” This will add your project’s timeline to the top of the background clip.
- Now, adjust or trim your background clip so that its length will be the same as your green screen video clip.
- Ensure the two are connected and will move together simultaneously when the timeline clips are rearranged.
NOTE: After you have added the green screen effect to your timeline, you can customize it. Pick the green screen clip you want to edit, then use any green screen controls to change it.
How do I get rid of a black background in iMovie?
In the timeline of an iMovie project, you can position the green screen clip above the base clip in order to eliminate the backdrop from the film. You can then cut these snippets or reorder the videos to make sure that their overall duration and motion are consistent.
How do I remove the background from a video and add a green screen?
You can instantly erase your background and replace it with a new one using an online video editor like Kapwing. Using a chroma key to remove specific colors from your background and replacing it with a new image is another approach to adding a background to a video without using a green screen.
Does iPhones allow video wallpaper?
You can use your video or TikTok video as your live wallpaper on your iPhone lock screen once you’ve converted it into a live photo. Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Select a New Wallpaper to set a live photo as your live wallpaper. Then choose your live photo by looking for it in the Recent or All Photographs folders.